Beta version v6.4(7).42 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO S/NEO X/NEO Alpha release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Oct 18, 2022.

1. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I have local downloaded trailers for my best collection but it's just not practical every time.

2. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

yes it's true, let's say it's an irritant when you see that the functionality is proposed but it doesn't work as it should.

3. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

It doesn't do it at the beginning and not even always at the same point and it only happens to me with dolby vision files, it's not possible that they are all corrupted.....

rockmeloman likes this.
  4. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Are the rips done yourself? Or are they downloaded from elsewhere?

5. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Were not near H.T. 5.0 miles away to go to that number .

6. lanz

lanz Member

They will probably release a 6.0 version directly if it keeps going. Damn they could dump the sources seriously.

7. Iriver

Iriver New Member

I'm holding off to buy a 2nd Zidoo player for another room because of lack of visibility on support atm, even more so for Zdmc which i mostly use due to rar files support. Kodi reached v20 about 2 months ago, and Zdmc is still stuck in 19.4 here.

8. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

ZDMC is definately not a focus project at Zidoo, When they went to HT3 and above it it was abandoned, If it gets compiled and debugged it is done in downtime. I hope you didnt buy a zidoo for kodi support.

9. ptitmick22

ptitmick22 Member

Bonjour. Je réceptionne aujourd'hui mon z1000 pro, je vais vous lire avec soin et viendrai vers vous si j'ai des soucis. Je lis aussi le forum hcfr.
    Je ne peux pas échanger avec vous en anglais.

10. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum! That is fine @ptitmick22 but sorry, this is an English Speaking forum and so please use a translator going forward.

11. ptitmick22

ptitmick22 Member

sorry, I understand and will do it next time

12. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

@ptitmick22 - no worries. You'll find this an extremely friendly and helpful forum :)

13. ptitmick22

ptitmick22 Member

14. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

I seriously think that Zidoo has abandoned us. It's been way too long without any news or even a verbal update...... they just take your money and leave you with a broken state machine that will only get worse as other programs and sites update.

Tarantula and rockmeloman like this.
  15. ofir

ofir Member

Inspector ROZEL will not like what you wrote
    ROZEL does not like when bad things are written about ZIDOO

Last edited: Mar 16, 2023
    rozel likes this.
  16. Edworld

Edworld Member

If IMDB or TMDB updates their site it will cause HT4 issues. That is why it is relevant to have other media managers working.

17. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

I dont feel we have a broken player, but this is highly suspect of Zidoo to go this long without regular firmware cycles. Perhaps they are leaving the multimedia market and going to use all resources on digital audio niche products that 15% of the world can justify a purchase of. They have not released a cycle of video players since 2020. That is 3 years give / take. Yes Covid was a major factory, but they should have had boots on the ground for a 2023 cycle with announcements in Oct-Nov 2022. Instead we see amazon offerings dwindle, engineers in hiding, and a non-existent presence of products coming soon other than digital music clients.

vddan likes this.
  18. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

They're back!......me - sits down to read the story of the Three Billy Goats Gruff...again.

Although, in fairness, the lack fw updates of late is a valid point.

rozel likes this.
  19. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

we do have very good working Plex (PlexToZidoo) and Jellyfin that works better than HT if people get a server up and running. :)

lawdawg likes this.
  20. Iriver

Iriver New Member

Thanks for the info about Zdmc.

I bought a Z9x because of being the only DV capable solution for my both lossless audio hometheater setups. My only reason to use Zdmc/kodi is because i use a rar archive addon for my personal library, else i would use HT which looks very sleek. I requested this as soon as i noticed that most of my library wasn't detected in HT, but you can read it over these forums.
    Universal Media Server is the only other solution for archive reading but it's too instable.
    I've spent quite a lot on purchasing different media players over the past decade and here we are, still waiting for the perfect one or at least the closest.
    So hopefully, devs were just on vacation and will come back with a good surprise.