Latest firmware problems

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by esse60, Dec 24, 2022.

1. esse60

esse60 New Member

Hello everyone, I wonder if there is a trick to update an older firmware on the zidoo z10 pro.
    With the latest beta many playback issues appeared especially with the frames per second and some times the screen goes black and doesn't play the movie. I've never had any problems with the old firmware.

2. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

Last edited: Dec 24, 2022
  3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Yeah never understood why rolling back is not supported by Zidoo. It works just fine with other brands using similar conditions.

Yes; the latest FW isn't exactly the most stable and error free neither in my experience.

4. BdoUK

BdoUK New Member

While digging deep into the posts here trying to remedy my Z9X video stuttering issue I came across a post that indicated the primary reason Zidoo doesn’t allow firmware rollbacks is due to slight changes in the hardware over time. Not sure how true this is but do wonder if it’s the reason some of us have issues and not others (hardware differences in same models).

5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

That's correct - firmware rollback is deliberately disabled because of possible issues with different hardware revisions. There is a sneaky way to enable it on older boxes, but not the newer ones.

Interesting theory, but I have several revisions here, including probably the very first Z9X revision (from before release) which is my main test board and I certainly don't get these problems with that one or any of the later versions I have.

6. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Have also a very early Z9X and never saw anything deviating from later releases.
    Use that one for early FW releases just for that model.

7. esse60

esse60 New Member

I solved. Thank you all.