Problem with DTS X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Alfonso Fuente Rodriguez, Sep 10, 2022.

1. Hi everyone
    I have recently found a bug in several zidoo, x9 z1000pro models of different owners, of which we have a group in a chat about these devices in Spain.
    the fault is that none of us are detected by dts x, all updated to the latest firmware, I myself have been doing several tests with different movies, and other physical disk players (panasonic ub 9000 and sony x 800) that with the same movie it did detect dts x.
    In turn, I have spoken with a few friends with other brands of players similar to Zidoo based on Android (Zapitti and Nidia Shield) who also used dtsx, and others with Oppo with the same result.
    which has led me to the conclusion that zidoo, due to some firmware problem, does not recognize it.
    I don't know if someone has detected the same problem and where or to whom I could write from Zidoo commenting on it.
    If someone knows the solution or on the contrary can tell me how to tell zidoo to solve it I will be very grateful
    Thank you very much and greetings from Spain

gymnos likes this.
  2. xskip

xskip Active Member

Latest firm. , no problem. DTS:X plays fine. Just tested Atomic Blonde.

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Do you mean that when you press "Info" on the Zidoo it only shows "DTS-HD 7.1"?

It's always done that and that's because DTS-X is carried in a DTS-HD wrapper, but the output stream is DTS-X:

upload_2022-9-10_23-18-42.png

4. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

There is probably a bug with HT4 DTS:X detection in ISO files. See the pics below. The first one is ISO and the second one is MKV made from the same ISO. The actual audio out from the ISO is DTS:X though. A little annoying but no big deal.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 11, 2022
  5. Hello everyone the problem is that both in the zidoo and in the av it comes out dts or dts hd or master audio or of course dts x which is what should come out and with what it should work and yet it comes out to everyone who doesn't have zidoo including me in other players

6. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

Also no problem here for passing through DTS:X.

So you say that you get DTS:X with the same movie on your Panasonic UB9000?
    Are the HDMI/Audio settings in your AVR identical on both HDMI ports?

7. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

Just in case, but I don't know if the Arcam is the same, but on my Yamaha, I have to have surround sound mode set to straight for DTS-X to activate, otherwise it shows as DTS-HD MA (MA=Master) on the display of the amp/info button on the amp.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2022
  8. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

What is the model number of your receiver?

9. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

Says in his Sig (arcam av40).

10. hello
    Thank you for your answers.
    the problem comes because in the information of the av it comes out in dts 5.1 or 7.1 neither hd nor master audio.
    in the zidoo it says that it is dts hd or something like that I don't remember well.
    but my friends with zapitti or other players, even myself with the rest of my players, I get dts x directly in both the player info and the av info.
    Regarding the questions you ask me
    the processor is an arcam av 40
    the panasonic, the sony, another player similar to oppo and the zidoo each one is in its corresponding input, then I will try to put one in the zidoo input (in the processor) and vice versa to continue testing.
    I always have it in surround or neural x mode but when it detects atmos or dts x it changes itself.
    hdmi settings
    /audio I have them in all the inputs of the processor exactly the same so that there are no problems with any source
    I'm going to try to do two things
    1 change input the zidoo in the processor
    2 try what another forum member has commented in the direct way.
    I will keep you informed

11. Markswift2003

You haven't got "Downmix for DTS" switched on have you?

upload_2022-9-12_8-57-3.png

12. Markswift2003

The only way I can think that the lossy core DTS track is used instead of the lossless DTS-HD/Atmos track is the Downmix setting or the EDID.

With the Zidoo connected as normal to the Arcam can you download the EDID and post here:

To Download EDID
    ================
    Settings/Display/Custom EDID/Save EDID
    Change the file extension from .bin to .txt to post on forum

13. hello
    I don't quite understand the edid thing, besides, the ones I have are the three that come standard with it. Zidoo had others before but they were erased when doing a factory reset.
    I just did a test again with a copy of oppo 203 and in the same files, same network, same nas tpdo the same as the three versions of the movie that I have a full uhd, a remux uhd and a full 1080 are seen in dts x no problem.
    try to do an update but to a previous firmware version to see if it came out in dts x but it won't let me do it.
    Could it be some bug in the firmware? It also does another very strange thing to me, that I had not realized, the languages show me Spanish dts 5.1 and English dts 7.1, but if I put it in Spanish it comes out in 7.1 and if I put it in English it comes out in 5.1 instead of how it should

14. Markswift2003

There's no bug as far as I'm aware - DTS-HD and DTS-X are detected and working fine here.

I'll wait for you to send your EDID to see if that's the problem.

15. I had the same probleem once my EDID was not correct if your receiver is on a tv with hdmi the zidoo wil see the EDID of the tv but your tv will not except dts x just chance the EDID on your zidoo and it will work

16. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

The TV is out of the chain for the audio channel since it goes via capable HDMI from Zidoo to receiver. It won't make any change in the audio route.

17. forgive my ignorance, but the edid only influences the image?

18. Markswift2003

No, the EDID tells the Zidoo what the audio/video capabilities of the amp and display are.

Do this and post the file:

To Download EDID
    ================
    Settings/Display/Custom EDID/Save EDID
    Change the file extension from .bin to .txt to post on forum

19. hello again
    already solved
    I always leave the custom EDID option activated and I always leave the first option that BT.2020 LLVD
    but I don't know why I had the third option, I have tried two things first with the option that I always use, which is lam, which I have put above and the dts x came out, then I deactivated the custom edid and it also comes out so I have left it deactivated custom.EDID .
    I suppose that now the default edid of zidoo will act.
    Thank you very much everyone for the help.
    Mark what I have not been able to find is the serial edid I have only been able to find the custom ones I do not know if you were referring to those but following your instructions I have not found anything else.

gymnos likes this.