Improvements/Wishlist for Posterwall (HT 4.0)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Sledgehamma, Jul 25, 2021.

1. Purple

Purple New Member

I know it’s been said a million times, but either Trakt support or the ability to use Jellyfin/Emby/Plex as a backend would make HT so much better for TV show watching. I really hope something can be done so this can be my main media player :).

Sledgehamma likes this.
  2. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

Jellyfin/Emby/Plex as a backend would be my dream as well. No need for Trakt then as the server already takes care of it :)

lawdawg and PineapplePizza like this.
  3. Purple

Purple New Member

Yep! Either way works for me, preferably the backend route but it might be more work for the devs. I just hope one happens!

4. Absolutely. I already have a database on Plex with everything matched properly. Not having to maintain another database for the Zidoo would be a dream!!!! Not to mention not having to have my ENTIRE library rescan when the Zidoo detects changes. Plex is so quick with library updates. I could just sit down on the couch and play anything on the Zidoo without ever having to worry about this.

Purple likes this.
  5. Ovidiu Ogrean

Ovidiu Ogrean New Member

HT 4 sync problem (I think). I coppied all my video files from one external HDD (1) to another HDD (2) (same file names, same folder structure). With just HDD (2) plugged in I used the "Synchronise data from other sources". All went well except now the "watching" list is not updating, it remains the same as it was on (1) at the moment of sync, no matter what i watch, so no new video appears after watching it, and on those already partially watched on (1) the timer stays the same. I hope i made myself clear enough . (My Z9X is on 6.3.75 fw)

6. DesertDog

DesertDog New Member

Adding Emby backend support would be amazing. It's not that hard to do either. The player I use on my AppleTV added it not long ago in addition to it's SMB and NTFS support. I'd like to see it for a few reasons:
    1. Single database to maintain across all devices in the house. I routinely switch between 3 different TVs so having watched state, playback position, etc. synced is really nice. It's also only one place to make corrections when parsing fails.
    2. It's quicker. Since it's running on my NAS 24/7 all of the scrapping and work are done when things are added and the client just has to pull the change list. On my other devices it's night and day between using an SMB source and Emby server as the source.
    3. It gives additional functionality that's nice. I have a bunch of Emby plugins that provide some really nice features that Zidoo then doesn't have to listen to me make requests for. ;) The best example of this are the Hue lights that I have for my home theater. There's a plugin that lets you control them based on play state. So when I hit play it sets a scene that automatically dims all of the lights down, stop brings them back to their on state, and pausing does its own state that's a bit more gentle on the eyes than on state.

lawdawg and Sledgehamma like this.
  7. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

Good summary of the pros adding support for it!

DesertDog likes this.
  8. Mai

Mai New Member

Does anybody hear anything from Zidoo on possibilities of supporting Emby? I know there is a conflict of interest however nowadays many of us manage our media centralised by using Emby or Plex, it just doesn't make sense to keep a separate media lib which is out of sync with the rest...

9. DesertDog

DesertDog New Member

Curious, why do you say there's a conflict of interest? I don't see using Emby as a back end as any different than SMB or NTFS in that regard.

10. I think he's saying that the Zidoo team will be reluctant to support something like that because Emby is another HT application.....which would be super lame, honestly.

11. Mai

Mai New Member

That's what I meant, thank you!
    Personally I don't understand why there is a need to develop something that is already very well supported by other more advanced products (Emby, Plex etc.)
    Infuse Pro took the right path I think. I think Zidoo can sell a lot more if there is Plex and Emby support, just give the fact that the PQ is way better and there is also blu-ray support.

12. Mai

Mai New Member

Just tried the hue plugin it's great, however (due to the Hue limitation) it doesn't allow me to create a scene to turn off all lights (when I watch movie with projector)......

13. Bartimaus

Bartimaus New Member

Hi,

it would be nice, if I could see details (Actor/Actress) etc. during movie is playing. I am missing this feature from MyCollection@Dune.
    Sometimes during the movie you see an actor, but you can't remember which movie he's been in before.

14. clueluzz

clueluzz Member

1. Have the option to select the cast/crew in the info display and show other films they are in, instead of just their biography.
    2. Also, if you select a film direct without going to the collection, the collection should show somewhere on the info screen?

15. HT already does this. I don't pay too much attention to the feature, but it definitely shows you what other media the actor is in on the actor info page.

Netmask likes this.
  16. Bartimaus

Bartimaus New Member

I'd like to see all these Infos during movie is running, not only before....

17. Oh! I understand now. Yes, that would be useful feature to add, actually. I kinda hate how the "info" page while playing a file is just media info about the file. There should be an option to show actual information about what you're watching.

18. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Maybe assigned to a different button and call it Details

19. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

The problem is for standard users. If so much complicated setting, the majority won't be able to use it.

20. How so? They could just give us a toggle in the HT setting to swap the "Info" screen with a "Details" screen instead of having to remap a button...or give us the option to do both.

I feel like the type of people who would be buying a Home Theater Box like this aren't the type of users who cant figure out something like reassigning a button.