Questions about which player 4 me

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by videonut99, Nov 19, 2021.

1. videonut99

videonut99 New Member

Hi there: I am thinking about adding a media server to my set up...not sure which player to buy...I have 2 HDD 1 is 8 TB other one is 6 TB...so can I add 2 HDD to either the Zx9 or the Pro 10 or do I have to look at the higher models to do this??Currently using a computer based sever with the aforementioned drives with a Nvidia shield pro (2019) running plex for streaming & media...I know from reading the Zidoo is not really a streaming device at this time.But have read for a media sever it is better...by how much is my last question?Thanks for any insight/advice in advance!!:)

2. toshu

toshu Member

I occasionally stream movies from my Plex server via my Z9x. Works fine, although I primarily use my xidoo to play music from an attached HDD

3. muha

muha Active Member

It is not even media server, just player. In case you want to ditch PC out of the system and have both HDDs than with Z10Pro you can put one in the bay and for other you should get a case (USB3). There are other models with 2 bays that could host both of your HDDs.

videonut99 likes this.
  4. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

You can use NAS or directly attach via SATA port, use a USB Docking Station or Internal HDD bay for HDD's you already have.
    It is all above what you prefer and what you are willing to spend. In principle all models can do it.

Except NAS I use all of these mixed per model with the same HDD's.

videonut99 likes this.
  5. videonut99

videonut99 New Member

Hi: Have a question how fast is shipping to Canada from Futeko going to be?Wondering they seem better then aliexpress is my feeling correct & which would get me the device quicker?Thanks

6. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

A question for @futeko.com but I'd expect a damn site quicker than Aliexpress - I've seen comments from buyers in the States where a Futeko shipment takes just a couple of days.

7. muha

muha Active Member

My country as UK is not part of EU :D
    I recently sent a painting by UPS for the States and it was delivered in 3 days.

8. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

How do you this? I.e., streaming Plex on Zidoo.

9. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

AliExpress is fine - I've found their customer service through their messaging service to be first class. The problem with any selller/importer though, including AliExpress is mainly to down to the shipper/carrier. DHL = first class but FedEx = absolute c""p. So check who the shipper/carrier is before ordering. I'm in the UK and have been buying items from China/Hong Kong/Tawain/Japan for years. Be careful about import tax/vat - if it's payable, this may lead to a customs delay.

videonut99 likes this.
  10. videonut99

videonut99 New Member

ok thanks!!! A quick question...should I use a powered hard drive case for my 2nd hard drive as going to use the provided enclosure with the PRO 10 for my 4K TB hard drive.

11. muha

muha Active Member

I did use 2.5 hdd connected to external sata, but to be on safe side, I would recommend using powered case.

videonut99 likes this.