HDMI-in settings request

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by 9user, Sep 21, 2016.

1. 9user

9user New Member

Edit: The issues in this post were addressed with the 1.2.3 FW release. It added an option to turn off the "No HDMI Signal" message, and the status bar is gone.

-- Original post --

I just upgraded from X9 to X9S and I'm very happy with the improvements! I have a request for adding two additional settings for the HDMI-in app:

I have a plasma TV and am concerned about burn-in. Could there be a setting for the HDMI-in app to disable the "No HDMI Signal" message so that the output is completely black when nothing is connected to HDMI?

Could there be a setting to disable the top status bar while in HDMI passthrough mode? Right now things like the time and USB drive connection show up at the top of the screen on top of the full screen HDMI-in content. If I'm watching a movie on HDMI-in, this is distracting. It is also a potential burn-in issue.

On the X9, the HDMI-in source was available on github, and I used that to make my own modifications. Is there a chance Zidoo will also release the X9S HDMI-in source? For X9, I had removed the "No HDMI Signal" message myself to prevent burn-in. I also made it automatically start in full screen, but I was happy to find that the full screen feature has been added for X9S already!

On X9, I run all my HDMI devices through an HDMI switch, and that switch's output go into the X9's input. So all my devices go through the X9, and I can bring up Kodi or other apps as needed. I'm trying to get X9S to the same point so I can replace my X9.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  2. davpel

davpel New Member

Could there be a setting to disable the top status bar while in HDMI passthrough mode? Right now things like the time and USB drive connection show up at the top of the screen on top of the full screen HDMI-in content. If I'm watching a movie on HDMI-in, this is distracting. It is also a potential burn-in issue.

My X9s hasn't arrived yet (it is due this afternoon), but I hope that isn't the case. I explicitly posted here a few months back indicating my intent to use the HDMI passthrough in much the same way it was implemented in GoogleTV (see http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...-come-updated-8-august.1705/page-9#post-12666) . That is, I intend to hook up my satellite receiver to the X9S HDMI input and watch programming through the Zidoo, with the goal of being able easily switch to android apps without having to change inputs on my TV. When I made that post, I was told that this would be possible.

If, in fact, there is a status bar in full screen HDMI passthrough mode, I implore the folks at Zidoo to give us the option of disabling this feature.

3. James S

James S New Member

I also just upgraded from X9 to X9S and would also agree that it would be nice to be able to disable the status bar. I've also noted that when watching items I've recorded with my DVR, when I fast forward and then play, there is a "ding" noise emitted. I tried to adjust the sound settings and nothing changed. If anyone runs into this same issue and has a fix, please let me know.

4. 9user

9user New Member

One more thing I've noticed about HDMI-in is that it seems to be a bit choppy. Some smooth videos played back from the HDMI source through the X9S show noticeable jitters. I was hoping that this might be fixed once the status bar overlay is disabled, but maybe it's an unrelated issue. I'm seeing it often while playing the 4th generation Apple TV's screensavers through the X9S's HDMI-in while in full screen. The X9 handled these screensavers from Apple TV input without any jitter.

5. davpel

davpel New Member

Wow, the issues reported in this thread (status bar; jittery picture) are deal breakers for me since I had intended to watch DirecTv through the HDMI input. These issues, combined with the poor test reviews reported in the other thread, have me very concerned.

My X9S is sitting on my desk still in the box. I'm going to wait for a reply from Zidoo before deciding whether to open it and set it up. I may just return it. Very disappointing.

6. bob

bob Active Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2016
  7. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

So, to be clear, are this two issues solved in 1.2.3 FW ?
    Is a question.

8. 9user

9user New Member

Thanks, that was a really fast fix! 1.2.3 FW does add the option to turn off the "No HDMI Signal" message, and the status bar is gone! I updated my first post to reflect it. I also haven't noticed any of the jitter I was seeing in the HDMI-in image since 1.2.3.

One note is that after I upgraded to 1.2.3, I still didn't see the "Tip no hdmi in signal" switch. I'm not really sure how to explain this - maybe I just missed it when I looked for it first? Or somehow the app didn't update right away? It seems like today is the first day the option showed up, even though I did the 1.2.3 update days ago.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  9. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

9user, if explain is difficult because the message you see is in you native language and not in english, you can temporarily change your device language to english, so you can report the exact text.
    The will be on charge to Zidoo developer understand the issue...

10. 9user

9user New Member

I'm not sure I understand. There is no longer a problem, everything is fixed (as far as I can tell.) The only odd issue was that I couldn't see the setting right after updating to FW 1.2.3, but now I do see it. My language is english, and the setting is called "Tip no hdmi in signal" which can be seen in the screenshot from bob's post earlier. If there's a specific part which you would like me to to clarify, I would be happy to do so.

I had originally reported that the background was not black when no HDMI source was found, but I was wrong. Sorry if that confused things - it is actually black and not grey after all. Since I was wrong, I deleted that part of my previous post soon after I posted it.

11. Cub alston

Cub alston New Member

Hi could you tell me how you disabled the status bar?

12. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

update to latest firmware

13. Ralph Galli

Ralph Galli New Member

What does "TIP NO HDMI IN SIGNAL" mean? And what setting do I set it on?
    I have the Z9X.