Beta version v6.3.50 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Nov 5, 2021.

1. Stratos_K

Stratos_K Member

Also noticed that online trailers works in some movies but not in others.

2. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

I also have few movies without the FHD tag and I didn’t find a solution for that. What I have found, that’s a trick for the FHD movies replaced by a 4K version (the new function refresh the labels but not the tag).

You watch the movie more than 1 minute, you go back to the poster wall and open the left menu. You select the 4K category and you check that your movie is in the list. You will see that the tag has changed in this category and display the 4K one. Go back to the poster wall and the tag is refreshed.

serg fedorov likes this.
  3. Stratos_K

Stratos_K Member

Going from a FHD to a 4K tag was never a problem. I also did the same trick to change the tag to 4K. But this now seems like a problem I cannot find a way to solve or why it happened only with these 3 movies.

4. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

Had 1 movie that would not display the FHD logo.
    I copied the movie folder to my PC, removed the poster through the posterwall, "Clear match data", than go to unmatched and remove the actual movie "delete original file".
    Make sure the physical file is gone, and copy the folder back from PC to the the place it was .
    And the FHD logo was back.

5. samana

samana New Member

Bug: the screensaver appears below the subtitle, leaving the subtitles fixed on the screen thus making the screensaver useless for sensitive burn in tv's.

6. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

That only seems to happen with forced subtitles

7. mojojojo

mojojojo New Member

I also noticed that online trailers works in some movies but not in others.

8. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

I checked more than 10 movies, no trailer worked.

like i said, i started using home theater from scratch with this version. for scraping I took the setting nfo = priority. and no trailers work. The only way I can explain that they work for you is that you were scraping your movies with a previous version

Manually Downloaded Trailers stored in the video folder are working, but online don't

9. DennisTheMenace

OK problem with trailers is solved.
    When home theater is getting the scraping information from the nfos the trailers don't work.
    When I manually scrap the movie inside home theater, (scraping information from tmdb) they work

QUESTION: is it possible that home theater can read the trailers from the Nfos ? I have my YouTube trailer link stored inside the nfos. I use tiny media manager to create and edit my movie and series NFOs.

but it's not that important, i can also use the tiny media manager to download all trailers as mp4 in the movie folder.
    But that costs a bit of storage with almost 1000 films

Last edited: Nov 7, 2021
  10. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I just reset HT4 - settings/library/Clear Data/<Clear> (I do this quite a lot ;) )

I then rescanned online (no NFO, no local art - so all brand new data)

I opened the first 20 movies in the library alphabetically and only 2 didn't have online trailers - 1917 and 2012, and I've got to wonder if that's because they are numerical names which the scraper always has trouble with.

I then picked a load at random and all had trailers (one had 14!!!).

11. DennisTheMenace

Jup I did that also and, I set the setting "Nfo parse" (German language setting) to "alternative" and not to "priority" and all trailers also worked

So the problem with not working trailers is when you get the information from the nfos instead from tmdb (online)

12. Markswift2003

I think it used to - not sure because like you I always use local trailers.

The NFOs generated by HT4 certainly have IMDB trailer links in them, they just seem to be ignored...

DennisTheMenace likes this.
  13. DennisTheMenace

OK now I know where the problem was, like I said when I scrap the information from tmdb (online) instead from my nfos (offline with YouTube links in it) they work

I didn't know that, thanks for clarify that

From now on, I don't use the priority nfo setting, or I download my trailers

14. Markswift2003

The goalposts continually seem to move (not a bad thing in development terms I must say) which is why I use local art, local NFOs and local trailers - that way I know if I reset and re-scrape, the library comes back exactly the same as before..

15. samana

samana New Member

Can you explain? I do not understand, aren't forced subtitles the same as burned in subtitles? If that's the case how can this even be possible?

16. DennisTheMenace

I'm downloading 950 trailers right now :eek::D
    I hope sd quality is enough,
    they are not played full screen anyway. But the great thing is tiny media manager downloads them in my main language

Markswift2003 likes this.
  17. Markswift2003

Haha! Awesome :)

18. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

Forced subtitles are not the same as Burned In subtitles.
    Burned in are hardcoded into the videotrack and can't be changed, Forced subtitles are an ectra layer over the videofile and can be changed after starting the movie.
    Forced subtitles are prioritised over all other subtitles.
    This is the official discription.
    "Forced" has nothing to do with "default track".
    If "forced" is set, the player must play that track no matter what "default track" is set to.

19. Stratos_K

Stratos_K Member

Damn...it seems this was the only way to make it appear. I did this with 2 of the 3 films and the FHD tag appeared.

For the 3rd film I tried something else. Instead of deleting the file through HT4 I moved the file from my computer browser. Guess what. It didn't work! When I pasted, from my computer, the movie in the original folder HT4 said that source was being scanned but the poster wouldn't appear!!! The only way to fix this movie was to copy/past it in another folder once more, rename the file (I added the release date in the end) and pasted the file in the HT4 folder again. The poster this time appeared with the FHD tag.

So from now on if a tag does not show, the right way to do it is this

1) copy/paste the file to another location without deleting the original file
    2) clear match data
    3) delete the original file ONLY through within HT4
    4) move the backup file to its original position

This way you don't have to rename any files and the tag should reappear.

20. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

Hi Mark!
    Wandering around the Internet, I found this article -https://www.mcbluna.net/wp/zidoo/zidoo-1619-hdr-vs10-black-level-issues-expanded/
    It is a pity that old technologies are not interesting for the developers of this wonderful engine.
    I have a Pioneer G9 plasma, which has a flawless black. Of course, after working with the service menu, counters, voltage, abl, etc.
    The only problem is that this TV, like my projector, does not have new technologies. Therefore, this Dolby Vision engine is a reanimator of such "trash". But I like the way the pioneer and jvc work.
    Q: Are there any future improvements to this engine? Or is there nothing to improve in it, is it the finish?
    Thanks!