Dutch GUI & translations topic

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Whitfield, Apr 27, 2021.

1. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

I recently joined Zidoo's translations project at transifex. For now, Zidoo has set up two sections to work on: Media Player Settings and Home Theater (poster wall). I signed up to do English and Dutch for both, but I am mainly doing translating to Dutch. Where English (both UK and US) and sometimes German are my sources/guidelines to work from.

Should you have questions, suggestions or remarks concerning the usage of Dutch in the Zidoo GUI, please post in this thread.

English is my main starting point and I understand the language well. Some used phrases in English can already raise some eyebrows. For grammar, function, interpretation or even presence... Please do not hesitate to point them out. I will try to interpret every phrase properly and will not be "just translating 1 on 1".
    When not obvious, please also mention where & when the phrase can be found in the GUI. I already experience quite some of them I can't place.
    Take into account that I have a Z9X and I can imagine encountering strings that are not used by that specific model. In which case it can be handy to mention.

Should there be more people joining the Dutch language team, this also may be a good place to discuss things when needed.

- -

Nederlands:

Onlangs ben ik participant geworden van een vertaalproject van Zidoo. Tot nu toe zijn er twee secties: Media Player Instellingen en Home Theater (poster wall), waar ik Nederlandse vertaling voor doe.

Mocht je opmerkingen, suggesties of vragen hebben omtrent het Nederlandse taalgebruik, laat het hier weten. Het maakt niet uit of het gaat om functie, beschrijving, text-correctheid in het algemeen, interpretatie of wat dan ook.

Als het niet direct duidelijk is waar de text zich bevindt, laat het dan weten. Hou er rekening mee dat mijn Zidoo de Z9X is. Het is handig te vermelden als je een andere machine hebt; je kunt je voorstellen dat verschillende hardware gebruikt maakt van verschillende kreten in de interface.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
  2. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Hi all,

Being busy getting the Dutch translation done I came across some things I quite don't understand. Hope people can help me out as to explain what is meant at the specific stringnumbers and/or where it can be found in the GUI.
    The strings are from "ZIDOO Media player Settings". For now, I have four strings that trouble me:

String# 168: "If the current resolution is 4K and the automatic frame rate function is turned on. When this switch is turned off and the frame rate is 23.976, only 24HZ output will be switched. It will have better device compatibility"
    This doesn't make sense to me. Where is this and what is meant by it?

String# 237: "Description:\n\n Turn on this switch, and the sound will be output through the DAC at the same time\n\n When this switch is turned on, the sound will be input from the USB decoder."
    What switch is this?

String# 348: "Forced subtitles description:\n\nIf there are multiple forced subtitles, the forced subtitles that match the mandatory subtitle language will be selected.\n\nSupport external forced subtitles. For example: \nmovie name.cn.forced.srt, movie name.Chinese.forced.srt.\n\nForced subtitles only take effect for MKV and Blu-ray video formats. \nForced subtitles to take effect with closed subtitles"
    What is meant by this "mandatory subtile language" ?

String# 425: "Discrete switch"
    What switch would that be in the GUI?

Thanks in advance for helping out. Of course, when some things have already been addressed but aren't yet in the translations of the test apps of sept 30th, please let me know.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
  3. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

168, Good question. Older models of Zidoo maybe?

237 is for the UHD3000 and the NEO X vs their DAC audio, so a part of the menu that you can’t see on your Z9X. That is the explanation for the function from the string 236.

348 the language selected will be used in priority when you have some forced subtitles in different languages.

425 I have no idea for this one. I translated as it was and that’s it.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
    Whitfield likes this.
  4. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

About the string 168, even Mark has no clue of what it means and where (or with which model) it is used. o_O

5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

It's all Dutch to me.

Whitfield and rozel like this.
  6. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

I asked to Mirror. This is his answer:

7. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Ok, thanks for now guys.

8. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

I'm still having a question regarding the forced subtitle explanation in string# 348, where I don't get what's meant by the last part: "Forced subtitles to take effect with closed subtitles"
    Anyone?

Furthermore, if you please:

String# 99: "Tip: When selecting the source code for RAW, please turn on the audio degradation switch at the same time."
    This is for SPDIF audio. I'm having trouble with both the phrase "audio degradation switch" and the switch itself. If I'm correct to understand that the switch in question would be the "Native Sample Rate" switch, turning this switch on would not "degrade" the audio, but quite the opposite: keeping its original samplerate.
    Thereby, I find that actually having to enable a switch to keep native samplingrate quite ill-mannered in the first place. I think it should be the other way: enable a switch to resample at lower rate.

String# 137: "Caveat"
    Where is this and how is this meant? The word caveat has multiple meanings

String# 173: "Memory playback"
    I think this has been changed because my initial translation is "Bookmarks", which now looks ridiculous. Anybody knows where to find this?

String 228: "Priority plug-in"
    This also must have been changed I reckon. It has key: zidoo_subtitle-language_ext
    I looked in the subtitle-menu but couldn't find it. Can somebody explain what this one does?

String# 286: "Track key"
    This one baffles me. What/where is this "track key" ? My initial translation was "AUDIO-key".

String# 374 and 375: both second parts "...when the sample rate of the playlist track is exactly the same, it will automatically play seamlessly."
    I suppose these must read as something like this: "If two audiotracks have the same samplerate, playback transistion between them will be seamless."
    Am I correct with this or is something entirely different meant?

Thanks in advance, all.

[EDIT] I notice that when I'm busy on transifex my keyboard stops working in some other applications (a.o. here @ the forums) every now and then. Does this sound familiar? I have to reboot my pc evry time.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
  9. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

For the forced subtitles, I think that it means that the forced subtitles will work even if the general subtitles setting is to Off.

String 99: they are talking about the Downmix HD Audio function that you need to put to Off vs the sound track in HD and the limitations of SPDIF

String 137: I don't know where it is in the interface.

String 173: Bookmaks function in Playback

String 228 : External subtitles

String 286: that is the function coming with the Audio key on the remote control.

Strings 374 & 375 talk about gapless

10. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Wow, that was quick. Thanks @Inikad :)

11. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

Lol this is what happens when you spend hours and hours on this project. Lol

Don't forget the strings for the HT 4.0 app: still 12 strings not translated in your case. :)

12. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

I won't.

Almost ready with the media player settings:

String# 163: "Tip: In the playback interface, you can switch Region by using the number keys 1, 2, 3"
    Would the playback interface be the menu that's launched during playback? For I never noticed a region setting there. Or is such setting only shown during playback of a blu-ray with a specific region? I never tried actually.

13. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

The second option I think. I didn’t try it either.

14. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Actually, all but one are still in Chinese. Both in the US and UK English versions. I suppose I just leave them?

I do have some trouble understanding the one that was left to translate:

String# 200: "Description: Copy all data from another scanned device (regardless of failure) to this device. \n For example: Two files are exactly the same hard disk, and a media player with only one SATA interface. First connect and scan one of the hard drives, then disconnect this hard drive and connect another hard drive, and finally use the synchronization function to synchronize all data to this hard drive device"
    Okay, I can't believe the first sentence after "For example", it nearly gives me a stroke. Is this about two same videos that would be on two harddrives, or what?

Browsing through the ones I've done quite some time ago, I reckon a lot of changes have been made to the English strings. Please also have a look at these:

String# 178: "Please select a catalog as the Poster device"
    This doesn't make sense to me. What's the deal here?

String# 270: "Help"
    This must have been changed; my initial translation was "About". What exact english phrase is proper here?

String# 329: "Source own score"
    Is this about setting ones video self-ratings as source of ratings (vs eg IMDb) or is it something totally different?

String# 515: "Recently added sort"
    Is the word "sort" here meant as "type" or as "sorting" ?

Again, thanks in advance

15. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

The english translations are not up to date. The new functions (and a old one that has been reset) are not translated and will use the english used by default in the player. I have used chinese and my own knowledge to translate them.

For example, you have the new label function in preference and the one about files recently added (to display the new files only or the modified ones with the left menu of poster wall).

I will check for the other strings, that won’t be long.

16. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

String 200 is about synchronization of the database between 2 players or 2 HDDs, something like that.

This is my own translation, quickly translated in english :

but this is not super clear for me. I will ask.

String 270 is « about » (informations for me)

string 329 will use the ratings from the source of the scrape. For example, if you scrape using TMDb, the system will use the rating coming from TMDb. The same for TV Maze and TVDb I suppose, even if the ratings are not displayed for the episodes of a tv show, for now.

string 515 is the one talking about recently added vs modified files to sort them with the option in left menu.

17. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Again, thanks for your quick answers, Inikad. Almost done with HT.

18. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

For the string 200, Mark gave me a good example of use. You have a hdd of 4TB in your Zidoo but it is full. You buy a new HDD of 8TB, you copy the files from the older one with your PC or wathever, and you put it in the zidoo to replace the old HDD.

With this function, you will be able to synchronize the data coming with the 4TB HDD and the new one, so no need to scrape again and to organize your collection from scratch.

19. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Thanks. In the meantime I've read the German translation which also made sense. I think it's clear now.
    FYI Dutch translations are completed; mirror has been informed.

Cheers for the assistance :)

zarathoestra likes this.
  20. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

You’re welcome :)