Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619DR Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I think maybe you forgot to press "Post Reply" (I do that all the time!!) - don't worry - posts can't disappear on their own ;)

Anyway, it is as I thought - your Dolby Block decodes as:

DV Version: 2
    DV DM Version: v3.x

DV Interface: low latency 422 12bit
    2160p60: supported
    YUV422 12bit: supported
    Global Dimming: not supported
    Backlight Control: not supported, default 100 nits
    RED Primary: 0.680, 0.316
    GREEN Primary: 0.262, 0.688
    BLUE Primary: 0.148, 0.059
    MAX/MIN Luminance: 1200 / 0.001 nits

So it shouldn't matter which option you choose since the TV only supports LLDV, but as I say, I would leave it on "Priority LLDV.." just to be neat.

andreamusso.am likes this.
  2. As always thank you very much, Andrea.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  3. compingharry

compingharry New Member

upload_2021-6-23_15-57-4.jpeg

Attached Files:

4. moesen

moesen New Member

Hello, I just bought z9x...I wonder is there recommendation setting for Plasma HD TV.?
    My primary use...play bd iso, mkv, and some music..for now.
    Can someone help ?
    Thank you.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
  5. Markswift2003

Slightly different to the usual, but I'd say:

Playback/Automatic frame rate/Frame rate mode: Switch frame rate and resolution

Display/HDR: Auto
    Display/Color Settings/4K 50~60Hz: Doesn't matter - leave as default
    Display/Color Settings/4K 23~30Hz: Doesn't matter - leave as default
    Display/Color Settings/Non-4K: Priority YUV444 8BIT
    Display/Color Settings/HDMI Range: Auto
    Display/HDMI Mode: Auto

moesen likes this.
  6. moesen

moesen New Member

Okay, Thank you for your fast respond :thumbup
    Hope it goes well

7. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

If Auto dont look right i found Display/Color Settings/HDMI Range: 16-235 much better as on Plasma it crushes Black if not set right .

Markswift2003 likes this.
  8. Markswift2003

Very good point - a 2K plasma may not have HDMI level switching.

DELUCAS likes this.
  9. vddan

vddan Active Member

On my 'auto' installation = black clogged !!
    16/235 = perfect!

10. Markswift2003

That's interesting - is that on the Samsung or Epson? And is that with a custom EDID?

11. vddan

vddan Active Member

Yes via my OPPO with your personal EDID = 'BT.2020 HDR10 +'

12. Markswift2003

Ah ha!

This has to do with the black floor issue - I'm hoping it gets sorted next week and full explanation will follow.

13. vddan

vddan Active Member

Absolutely ............ but nothing serious you just have to know it!
    Hey there would be new firmware next week? :cool:

14. Markswift2003

Fingers crossed.

15. vddan

vddan Active Member

16. vaskorn

vaskorn New Member

Dear friends,

Not sure if this is the proper place for such question, but did not found a better one...

I'm afraid, that there is no simple solution for my problem, but:

I have some hundreds of music videos from 60-s to modern time and, sure, they all have different frame rates from 23,97 to 60. Watching this collection on a small, <37" screen in more or less OK, but coming to projector 100" this is sort of a problem. With AFR disabled on Zidoo there is a stuttering on all clips except with selected FR. With enabled - black screen for AFR reaction. Both bad. So is there any combination of setting on Zidoo and JVC 7900 projector that can make this problem, say, not so pronounced. Actually I'm ready even to convert all clips to a single FR, but not ready to do that with heavy pro soft like Topaz AI etc. Any advice is of extreme value!

17. Markswift2003

Unfortunately you have the same problem I do - very long HDMI resync time on your JVC projector (about 15s).

I'm afraid there is not much you can do - if you display a video at the wrong frame rate you will always get stutter and if you use AFR, you have a long resync time.

Depending on what the frame rates are you could convert them to a single frame rate using Pull-Down (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three-two_pull_down) but the best way is to live with the JVC resync time.

18. vaskorn

vaskorn New Member

Thanks a lot. That's what I thought, no miracles...

19. Cristiango

Cristiango Member

hello, with kodi I play the movies with the zidoo player, but I don't get the movie menus, do you know why? just start the movie without the full menu

20. Markswift2003

You need a Java runtime environment (and the right Kodi version!), but these are not "Kodi boxes" and not designed as such, so expect problems.