@mirror -bug with DV Output Panasonic HZ-1500,z1000

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by moal, Nov 9, 2020.

1. Kemper

Kemper New Member

Good evening
    After test, retest, nothing to do, try several configurations, with custom EDID, without,
    I can't get the image on all my DV content (black screen with DV, ISO and MKV logo). Cannot play these files except by selecting "HDR Mapping", which dramatically changes the brightness of the image.
    On the other hand the files which do not have DV tracks, pass very well in HDR10. No bug. I think my wiring is good.

When I first tested the ZIDOO, at the end of 2020, it read all my files, no exceptions, but without the DV, and now it doesn't play them at all!

I do not know what to do.

Thank you for your help, or advise me where to turn

Fred.

ps: I can't find the EDID of my TV to be able to publish it

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Just go to the EDID settings and hit "Save"

(make sure the Zidoo is connected directly to the TV or you get the EDID of the amp/soundbar/receiver etc)

Mabon likes this.
  3. Markswift2003

So you say only "HDR Mapping" works - how about "SDR.Rec 709 Limited" or "SDR Rec.2020 Limited" ?

I don't understand why "Mapping HDR10" should change the brightness for DV files either - for DV files, the base layer is HDR10 so this setting just treats the base layer correctly as HDR10.

Have tried a factory reset?

4. Markswift2003

You have to import as a binary file...

5. Kemper

Kemper New Member

Thanks Mark
    "SDR.Rec 709 Limited" or "SDRRec.2020 Limited"
    also works
    Have tried a factory reset?
    yes, I tried all weekend, nothing to do, it does not want to start on the usb key. on a French-speaking forum, there is a person who succeeded after 2 days of testing, he does not know why it worked this time. I applied the method to the letter, changed the usb key, nothing to do, it hangs on HELLO, instead of starting on the key

6. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

id suggested you get the EDID file and post it so someone who knows them, ie Mark , could have a look and see if anything wrong on TV end

as id also said if you want to ring me here in NZ i could go over my panasonic z1000 settings while you are checking yours it would just have to be like 9 pm to 9 am your time cos of my New Zealand time difference :p

7. Markswift2003

Goto File/Report and that lets you export a verbose text or html file.

8. Markswift2003

Let me get this right:

With HDR set to "Auto" SDR and HDR10 video is fine but DV video will only play black screen.

With HDR set to "Mapping HDR10" SDR and HDR video is fine and DV plays but brightness is wrong (too bright or too dull?)

9. Kemper

Kemper New Member

when I launch a DV movie (mkv or ISO), in auto mode, I have the logo but the screen is black
    if I set to HDR10 Mapping, it's much brighter. but it works.
    on SDR Rec 709, it also works.
    on SDR Rec 2020, the picture jumps.
    and on all the others, only the DV logo, with the sound

10. Kemper

Kemper New Member

Thank you for your proposal, if ever I recontact you

11. Markswift2003

I'm sure you probably have, but have you tried setting:

Display/Dolby Vision compatible mode/"Priority LLDV(Player Led)" ?

12. Kemper

Kemper New Member

Of course, I have tried all the configurations proposed by those in which it works, and at home, black screen.
    (HDMI cords OK, direct on the TV)
    And I'm not the only one. desperate

13. Markswift2003

I must admit I'm drawing a blank here - this is really sounding like the issue we had months ago where LG TVs had a problem that needed to be addressed by a firmware update issued by LG.

The difference is that some people seem to have it working which makes no sense unless there's a territorial firmware difference..

14. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

Display/Dolby Vision compatible mode/"Priority LLDV(Player Led)" ?

i checked my Pana Z1000 on both modes and worked fine on both

thats why im suggesting phone call and go over TV settings on both

Maybe it is a local firmware on the tv ?

System info from help in menu on Pana Z1000

S/w version : 4222-10300-00370aea080c
    8 rows of status
    HDAVI Control : 5

15. ghostshadow

ghostshadow Member

*****Fr
    Bonjour, @Kemper et @Markswift2003 , j'ai signalé le problème dés le début sur le forum, j'avais même posté sur le fil du LG ici.
    C'est un problème sur les modèles HZ Panasonic. Moi pour arrivé a le faire fonctionnais je fais ça :
    je fais mon réglage ( comme le réglage de cucnz). Après j'éteins le zidoo. Je débranche la prise électrique. J'attends 5 minutes, puis je le rallume.
    La je teste un DV, si ça fonctionne pas je vais dans :
    settings : display :color settings
    La j'augmente la luminosité ou le contraste de 1.
    Je sort, je retourne dans HT.4 et je relance un DV.
    Et la logiquement ça fonctionne. Il faut pas me demander le pourquoi du comment. Mais en modifiant un paramètre dans le color display, ça a l'air de forcer le zidoo a prendre en compte
    les paramètres .
    -------------------------------------
    ****En
    Hello,
    Kemper and
    Markswift2003, I reported the problem from the start on the forum, I even posted on the LG thread here.

This is a problem on the HZ Panasonic models. I got to make it work, I do this:

I do my adjustment (like the cucnz adjustment). Then I turn off the zidoo. I unplug the electrical outlet. I wait 5 minutes, then I turn it on again.

The I test a DV, if it does not work I go to:

settings: display: color settings

The I increase the brightness or the contrast by 1.

I go out, I go back to HT.4 and I restart a DV.

And logically it works. You don't have to ask me why or how. But by modifying a parameter in the color display, it seems to force the zidoo to take into account

the settings .

16. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

is it a boot up order issue?

ie i replaced my sony dn1080 7.2 amp for a new Denon 3700h 9.2 ...adding a second height and full hdr hlg hdr10+ dv etc

Issue is ,it screwed up my start up order ,which had been Echo ,turn on lunge TV and tv amp Z9X all worked fine

After the change , id end up with a dead screen when i switched the denon from TV to Z9X ,which i could only fix by powering the Denon off and ON

Simple fix , i now just start the Zidoo first ,which in turn starts the tv and the denon ,and all is handshaking fine over HDMI

Just a suggestion to also try

heres a vid grab of a dv playing just so you can see it is working on the Pana z1000

let me know once youve seen it so i can delete

https://mega.nz/file/VehAwZRC#6zs_0wZfznMEqFOnWX88LQvuT93g58GZK2EeswvNMJw
    small 44m file

Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
  17. Markswift2003

Boot order is important when things start getting complicated - it's always good for the source to see the EDID when it boots - I have an HDFury device so my sources always see an EDID regardless of whether the amp or TV is on or off.

I can't see how that affects this issue though because the EDID just tells the source what it is allowed to do, not how to do it.

18. Kemper

Kemper New Member

@ghostshadow
    test done with your procedure at the moment, no change for me
    thank you

19. Kemper

Kemper New Member

@cucnz @Markswift2003
    I tested the boot order, it doesn't change anything.
    then test your file, read well in DV, but it's 1080p? on the other hand the vs dv works (in auto it goes to classic 1080p, of course)
    So that doesn't solve my problem
    as I said previously, all my files went with VS10 and the first firware. it was by buying a zidoo, (the 1st I had returned it in 2019) and updating the last version as soon as it was plugged in, I realized that nothing was going to DV.
    thank you

20. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

my small vid was just to confirm to you that the panasonic z1000 was playing a DV movie fine and showed the zidoo and pana info screens :)