@mirror -bug with DV Output Panasonic HZ-1500,z1000

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by moal, Nov 9, 2020.

1. moal

moal Member

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
  2. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

Pana z1000
    I get the DV top right on tv when i start an epi/movie ...then the black screen then DV and atmos come back top right on tv again

Thats normal with these ,as far as i know

Whats still broken to me is the Stutter and audio lag by 2 secs after about 5 mins into an MKV ..type7 and 8 far as i can tell ...mostly with DA audio tracks thou there is some stutter on 7.1 MA ie Bonds movies ...but this is well documented here on MANY posts already

What seems to be working fine as i just tested is DV ve 5 on an mp4....ie just grabbed The Mandolorean s02 E02 with DV and DA and it worked fine no issues after 10 mins .... AND couldnt see a lot of difference in black levels between the DV version of epi2 and the hdr version mkv with DV 10 for HDR forced running
    mediainfo for the file
    ideo
    ID : 1
    Format : HEVC
    Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
    Format profile : Main 10@L5.2@Main
    HDR format : Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.05.06, BL+RPU
    Codec ID : dvhe

Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
  3. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

Someone posted the firmware update for LG wasn't Zidoo or Dolby Vision related. It is to fix something with RTX 3000.

4. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

has to be full movies to test on..samples like 20 30 secs wont show the issues
    ie Alita stutter is at around the 5 min mark ...on Justice league it starts at 3 min 44 when it gets bad and a few stutters earlier
    and same files with atmos turned off and 5.1 on zero issues
    And same alita file playing hdr10+ and atmos has no issues
    Pana z1000

5. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

i think it occurs at chapter breaks
    i notice occassionally ill get the tv DV DA things pop back up and scrolling back forward and checking info,it always seems to be at a new chapter
    most the time its barely noticable

6. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello all,

A person has problems to play movies in DV with his Pana HZ1000.

Do you have an idea of the problem, is it the Zidoo or the Pana ?

Is there a compatibility problem between the two device s?

Source :
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/359160827825137/

Translated in English

''Hello,

It's my 2nd purchase of Z9X, the 1st one didn't convince me, and after reading your multiple flattering posts I bought it and think to keep it.
    But, after having followed your settings, no film goes to DV, except in very rare and random cases.
    Tested on ISO, whole rip, and new DV MKV. HDR10 is fine.
    On the other hand the sound and the logo, it is good! With black screen.
    Tv pana HZ1000, Denon 3600H, and tested several HDMI cables.
    (As I think you're a French speaker, it's easier for me in French)
    Thanks for your help''

See you soon

7. ghostshadow

ghostshadow Member

oui problème avec les Pana moi aussi j'ai des probléme pour ça que je suis resté en v6.0.90
    je suis pas sur que les nouvelles fonctions EDID conviennent justement.
    ya un soucis entre zidoo et la serie HZ
    Ecran noir, et faut toucher au paramètre (genre augmenter la luminosité de 1) enregistrer, redemarrer et la la tv declenche le DV.
    suis en VS10 SDR

yes problem with the Pana I also have problems for that I stayed in v6.0.90
    I'm not sure the new EDID functions are suitable.
    there is a problem between zidoo and the HZ series
    Black screen, and you have to touch the parameter (like increase the brightness of 1) record, restart and the TV triggers the DV.
    am in VS10 SDR

8. OlivierQC

Hello Ghost,

Merci pour l'info :)

9. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

if your getting a black screen ,and are using alll the recommended Zidoo settings

make sure the EDID thing is off

and on the panasonic z1000

Go to HDMI settings and for each HDMI port you can set it to one of two options
    ie hdmi 2 try it one way ,if black screen ,then try the other way

i know that sorted a black screen issue when i was tinkering one day on the zidoo options

Honestly thou with my Z9X and pana z1000 ,on this latest .25 f/w im playing ALL my DV files with zero stutter/ pauses or freezing at 76 min or even audio lagging

and Zidoos correctly showing DV as well as the Pana when i hit info

Also im running forced vs10 for hdr/sdr for tv series atm and liking (shows seperate vs10 for those on the zidoo and DV on the pana

with 2 different Z9Xs ,it has to be either an HDMI cable ...the Denon 3600 amp or z1000 settings

Have you tried Z9X direct to tv and earc back to amp to see if DV and 4k works correctly ?

if it works fine there then issue may be denon settings or hdmi port issue ...try diff hdmi port on denon

Just swapped my sony dn1080 for a Denon 3700H for the extra 2 heights and full HDR hlg hdro10+ Dv support and besides prolly being a lot lower amp power ,its working well ()besides hdmi timing issue at start up with Z9x

10. OlivierQC

thank you cucnz, I will ask the person to come and read your message, it is on Facebook.

11. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

nps i stopped all social media like FB 4 5 yrs ago now

if its not the z1000 hdmi setting , go back to basics as above , ie , z9x direct to tv (ignore audio while sorting the video ) see if it works direct to tv if it does ,its denon issues maybe , if it doesnt its Z1000 settings or HDMI port issue ,but the Z1000 is working perfectly for me with almost identical gear ... 3600 denon is 3700 denon for me (but was originally sony dn 1080 which also had no issues

12. Kemper

Kemper New Member

Good evening
    after multiple tests, direct zidoo connection to TV, HDMI mode 1, mode 2, no change. Black screen with DV logo. I have the image 1 time out of 10 !!
    I sincerely think as mentioned above has a concern of edid on the Pana HZ range!
    I am not desperate, will continue to search and it works for DV movies in "HDR10 mapping", but I bought it to take advantage of the DV
    Thanks for your help

13. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

thing is im using the NEW EDID mode added a couple f/ws turned OFF

and the Z9x sees my pana z1000 with no issues

check in quick and advanced settings that the EDID mode is disabled

i tried it on once ,when it was first added

It added lots of DV modes in quick settings /display

BUT most crashed to black screen

i VERY quickly disabled the EDID "adjustment" mode
    TBH it wasnt needed since the zidoo sees the panasonic z1000 edid fine

14. Kemper

Kemper New Member

still no change after my multiple tuning attempts. As long as there is DV, black screen.
    when testing the Zidoo in November, with the same config, reading all files worked
    without reading the dv of course. I am lost, and do not seem to be the only one, alas.
    (of course the edid is disabled)

15. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

dont know what else to say

zero issues with mine on any of the DV movies

have you tried taking it back to a base level f/w and then reinstall this latest .25 version ?

you could ring me at home and i could go over all the settings on zidoo and pana at same time but time zones an issue since im in nz and 12 hrs ahead ?

ie this time of days ok 12hrs time for me isnt :p

16. ghostshadow

ghostshadow Member

Hello, I had the same problems as you
    Kemper, for that I stayed on Firmware version 0.9

It would be nice
    cucnz that you publish your parameters here.

Here are mine:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

heres my settings for Zidoo Z9X to Panasonic z1000

Quick Settings

\Playback \ HDMI Mode \ Lock Res 3840x2160p 60Hz

\Display \ Colour \ 4k 50-60hz. \ YUV 420 10 bit
    \Display \ Colour \ 4k 23-30hz. \ YUV 422 10 bit
    \Display \ Colour \ non 4K ........\ YUV 444 10bit
    \Display \ Colour \ HDMI range\ 0-255
    \Display \ Colour \ Deep Colour \ On

\HDR ...........DV VS10 for HDR/SDR

\DV compatability \ Priority Standard DV (TVLED)

\MaxCLL \ Maxcll and Maxfall \ ON

\Custom EDID \ OFF

\HDCP \HDCP 2.2 ON

hope they help

if no luck i can try similar for the TV settings

18. Kemper

Kemper New Member

Hello
    I tried your settings, for the same result, black screen, I don't understand (I tested the HDMI of the TV in mode 1 and mode 2, only mode 2 works)

(my son has been in new zealand for over a year, and it is true that the 12 hour shift is not easy to manage.)

thanks for your help, and i didn't want to backtrack as i bought it for the dv.

19. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

all i can say at this stage is try find a friend with a DV TV to test it on

Maybe try to grab the tvs EDID and post it here for someone like Markswift to look at

The combo is 100 perc working for me .....watched Knowing in DV last night , zero issues at all and with way better atmos effects now ive upgraded from the sony dn1080 to the Denon 3700H for the extra heights and full HDR playbacks

TV firmware up to date ?

20. ghostshadow

ghostshadow Member

thank you cucnz, your setting works on VS10 SDR + HDR, otherwise on the other settings I have a black screen