Question around NAS functionality for Z1000 Pro

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Zigourney, Apr 1, 2021.

1. Zigourney

Zigourney Active Member

Can anyone confirm for me, If I put a hard drive inside the Z1000 Pro, will I be able to see the Z1000 pro on my wired network so that I can copy and paste files from my PC to the hard drive inside the Z1000 Pro over the network?

If this is possible do I need to install the Google play version of the firmware and additional apps?

I thought I read the NAS functionality has been removed from the new boxes, but just wanted to confirm this?

Thanks
    Zig

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yes, you just need to enable SMB Server in network settings then the drive will appear as a share under the box's IP address.

Zigourney likes this.
  3. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

I have a z1000 pro And I have activated the smb server and it works very well, depending on the person the transfer rate varies, I have about 70 mbps when I transfer a file from my PC to the Zidoo, but other people have about 90 mbps.

Zigourney likes this.
  4. Zigourney

Zigourney Active Member

Thank you for the Swift reply! just ordered a 3.5inch to 2.5inch hard drive adapter, I have a spare SSD that I want to chuck inside the Z1000 Pro just to copy over quick test files or firmware updates from my PC whilst working from the office.

Thanks again!

5. Zigourney

Zigourney Active Member

guys - enabled the samba server but I still cannot see anything appear under my network shares. Would appreciate if you could put a few idiot proof steps for me. I am using windows 10 PC.

Thanks

6. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021