MakeMKV new version 1.15.4

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Whitfield, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

download: https://www.makemkv.com/download/Setup_MakeMKV_v1.15.4.exe

Part of the changelog: "MakeMKV now recognizes and converts double-track Dolby Vision MKV files"

Maybe also interesting for 3D people like me who were confronted with MakeMKV throwing errors while importing a 3D remux iso with latest tsMuxer: MakeMKV will throw even more errors at ya. But: it finds ways around them and you WILL be taken to the next screen for creating the 3D mkv. Have to test yet further, but it is a step in the right direction.

ammar11, xskip, rozel and 1 other person like this.
  2. Oldirtydog

Oldirtydog Member

If this working and from zidoo fixed Vision and Atmos mkw it is just perfect :) One action for FEL movies this is perfect!

3. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

I ripped my DV discs with version 1.15.3, does this means I should rip them again?

4. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

I noticed this new version because I'm hunting down on 3D related issues.

As there are other people here who are far much more knowledgeable in the Dolby Vision arena than me, I'll withhold and better let those answer questions about this matter.

ammar11 likes this.
  5. Oldirtydog

Oldirtydog Member

I tested with the DISC ONE on lord of the rings and working...but zidoo z9x stil have problem with vision and atmos....after new update from today..

xskip and Whitfield like this.
  6. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Would this mean the way with the demuxing and the yusopetool isn't needed anymore then?
    Sorry for asking up front; I'm busy as hell with other things.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
  7. Oldirtydog

Oldirtydog Member

with other sound all movies with vision is perfect but is epic drame with atmos truehd.....

8. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

No. This does not change anything in regards to how DV is packaged inside mkv.
    This is exclusively meant for people who remuxed DV UHD BDs with mkvtoolnix, before DV was supported inside mkv. At the time mkvtoolnix created an mkv with two video tracks (one 2160p HDR base layer and a 1080p DV layer). With the latest MakeMkV version you are able to create a fully mkv spec conform DV mkv out of the those files.

9. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

my understanding of the rip 2 track dv files is its the old system for a yr or so back where the main file was 2160p and the DV info was a seperate 1080p file

10. xskip

xskip Active Member

Just tested this version. Great.
    i have Pitch.Black.2000.DC.2160p.BluRay.REMUX.HEVC.DTS-HD.MA.5.1
    2 video tracks, 2160p and 1080p + DTS-HD MA 5.1
    MakeMKV now recognizes and converts double-track Dolby Vision MKV files.

few minutes later, i got new mkv, same size, 1 video track. plays perfect in DV on my CX.
    No Atmos, only DTS-HD MA, so no problems.

when in the future, DV+Atmos will work, this will be awesome.

Oldirtydog likes this.
  11. Oldirtydog

Oldirtydog Member

This is the only reason to buy Zidoo z9x :)

12. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

I’m certainly starting to think this isn’t the droid I was looking for.
    I don’t see where this sits in the market, if it was their intention to release an upgrade to the Z9S but with Netflix Dolby Vision bolted on, then that is ALL they have achieved, people will point to the magical VS10 but is it any better than LG’s active HDR?

13. Oldirtydog

Oldirtydog Member

Gladiator 4k FEL uhd after makemkv 1.15.4 started with HDR.....

14. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Did you convert to 8.1?

15. ghostshadow

ghostshadow Member

No need to convert to 8.1 just makemkv convert to MEL (Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.07.06, BL+EL+RPU, Blu-ray compatible / SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible) LTR playing in DV

try again several times (read) it should switch to DV

16. Oldirtydog

Oldirtydog Member

lord of the rings 3 Disc one its ok...

17. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Have you tried this new version with an Atmos track to see if it plays OK without stuttering?

18. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

I can imagine. It absolutely has its disappointments, I agree of course. Some issues persist, new ones pop up.
    Sometimes my findings grow teeth-grinding.

Nevertheless I think it is - maybe less, but still - early days in terms of proper FW.
    In that sense I'm keeping fingers crossed. But I must say that my motivation to further test this machine does shrink.

ghostshadow likes this.
  19. ghostshadow

ghostshadow Member

Ditto, I'm sick of playing beta tester. In addition I find its functioning anarchic. It took me 3 days for the reading of mkv to work well in a stable way, without change of parameter I specify. And now I am again encountering problems which appeared (I did not update). On some MKV HDR I have stuttering (mkv with high bitrate), again my mkv dv does not work automatically the first time. Personally, it doesn't mean anything to me to go through Makemkv 1.15.4 again to test, because it's not up to Mike admin to solve a problem that comes from Zidoo. It becomes painful, especially for the followed. I would use 1.15.4 on new films but not before.
    I will undoubtedly send back my 2nd Z9x (I have already changed it once) and take a Shield, because 3 people that I know one and he has no trouble with the MKV DV. And the developers work hard and do not take the story of Dovi Standards as an excuse that is not defined.

20. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Can anybody confirm that the DV+DA stutter persists when both TrueHD+Atmos and embedded 5.1 AC3 track are muxed in the mkv (with the latest MakeMKV)?

ghostshadow likes this.