How to setting ZIDOO X6 Audio passthrough in Kodi

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by mirror, Nov 3, 2015.

1. agmarco

agmarco Member

Sound output from Kodi is pain in the ass! Come on Zidoo team get this fixed please. I love my X6 Pro but I hate this issue. Dolby Digital has bad hick ups. If it works at all.

2. spring

spring Guest

Hi:
    do you make sure it's 5.1?not 7.1?
    maybe it output 7.1 and you receiver only can receive 5.1?

3. spring

spring Guest

Hi:
    we test DTS&Dolby, it has not those problem.can you give me the more details? or provide the problem file to me?

4. fred_A3

fred_A3 New Member

hi, likes the same.. self works with fw 1.0.27.. my decoder receive 5.1 setup is >advanced,,,
    in moment my remedy is.. switch in Kodi -> passthrough off,, now sound works!!!,, unbelievably :eek: ??

5. johanbok

johanbok New Member

Hi

Today I just recived my X6 pro so I could change out my old Xtreamer Sidewinder 3. I connected X6 to my reciver as my Sidewinder was connected
    whit the same Hdmi cable and aso connected the powercable and Lan cable.

I started it up and it works fine,

I set up X6 like you wrote in the description,

5.1 Channel HD-Audio Only via HDMI
    Android settings:
    Settings - Sound & Notifiction- Audio output: Hdmi bitstream
    Kodi settings:
    System - Settings - System - Settings level: Advanced.
    System - Settings - System - Audio output: Number of channels 5.1.
    System - Settings - System - Audio output: Enable passthrough.
    System - Settings - System - Audio output: Dolby Digital (AC3) capable receiver
    System - Settings - System - Audio output: DTS capable receiver

Added my movies to kodi,
    Started a movie whit DTS-HD Master audio,
    And the picture started to studder the sound jumps between DTS and PCM on my reciever.( On my Xtreamer Sidewinder 3 this movie works just fine and in my reciever it shows DTS-HD Master like it should).
    Tried more movies that I know works fine and it is the same problem on all the movies. The same problem whit both DTS-HD Master and TrueHD
    Now my question is why this is happening? and how to get it to work as it should.

I really hope you can help me solv this problem, because now my oldone works better then the X6 and thats not right....

If you need some more details about my setup or settings please tell me whats needed and I will provide it.

Im currently at the .27 firmware and kodi 1.52

Regards

Johan

6. johanbok

johanbok New Member

Hi again.

Now i havet updatet to the new software
    ( .30)and still the same problem.

7. johanbok

johanbok New Member

Still no reply............

8. OndrejL

OndrejL New Member

9. spring

spring Guest

Hi:
    do you use the HDMI cable of zidoo?
    pls use MEDIA CENTER test it first, to see have the some problem?

10. johanbok

johanbok New Member

Hi
    I tried both HDMI that came whit zidoo and the one i used before

11. OndrejL

OndrejL New Member

I tried it. Media center works fine. Without sound lags.
    I tried also three different HDMI cables (I canĀ“t remember whitch one is original zidoo) , change cable has no efect.

So it is happening after enable passtrough

12. Juan Antonio

Juan Antonio New Member

Hi, I have got a Zidoo X6 pro. I have problems with audio passthrough.

My AV Receiver is Pioneer VSX607RDS. The AV has got two SPDIF optical and one coaxial. I use with one Western Digital TV Live and Satellite Receiver without problems. DTS and Dolby Digital works fine.

When I a connect the Zidoo X6 and activate SPDIF passthrough, the audio sounds one second, then two or three seconds of silence and then it sounds again, this situation repeats continously. I don't know if the problem is about the chip RK3368. I have got a Beelink R68 and it has got the same problem.

I don't know if this information can help. I have tried to setup configuration like the first post.

5.1 Channel HD-Audio Only via S/PDIF

Android settings:

Settings - Sound & Notifiction- Audio output: Spdif passthrough

Kodi settings:

System - Settings - System - Audio output: Number of channels 5.1.

When I go to Kodi and try to play a movie, it displays a message that says: Passthrough is in use.
    If I don't active spdif passthrough in Android settings the message is not displayed in Kodi. But it does the same that before. The audio sounds one second, then two or three seconds of silence and then it sounds again, this situation repeats continously.

I repeat the same information, I have no problems with other devices like Western Digital or Satellite receiver.

13. JasonMonette

JasonMonette New Member

I am having issues with DD and DTS as well. The audio cuts out every 2-3 seconds when playing a movie in kodi.

I have another kodi box (Windows) that has zero issues so it isn't kodi. It is something to do with the zidoo box.

Has any one figured out a fix for this?

I have kodi 16 and the latest firmware on the zidoo...thanks!

14. Plamen Vasilev

Plamen Vasilev New Member

Hi I use 1.0.39 firmware ZDMC 16.1.2 This problem so I decided:

All setting posted by Juan Antonio are correct

Android settings:

Settings - Sound & Notifiction- Audio output: Spdif passthrough

Kodi settings:

System - Settings - System - Audio output: Number of channels 5.1. (not important I use factory 2.0)

But the problem is in Kodi I finded someware ZDMC 16.0 sorry forgot site (If someone want apk file i'll send by email)

After that If You hav'n some kind of Samba server copy apk to USB Flash, If You have copy to Zidoo - SD Card.
    Uninstal ZDMC Settings - Apps - ZDMC - Force Stop - Clear Cashe
    - Clear Date (Ans. OK) - Uninstall. Media Center locate place where You copied apk - Install them. After start the application
    You'll see the message this ver. is old have new go to www.kodi.tv (OK). That is all 16.1.2 did'n work properly!!!