z9s needs to warm up

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by nabla, Mar 4, 2020.

1. nabla

nabla New Member

I guess my z9s is somewhat defective. Starting it, I randomly get black screens mainly when playing 4k material, about every 10 seconds. This stops after about 15 to 20 minutes. Changing to another movie afterwards, everything is still fine. I use the media player of z9s, either directly or via the wrapper in Kodi. Firmware is 2.3.15 but the behaviour was always like this. First, I thought the firmware is not functional but it seems to work for everyone.
    I tested connecting it directly to the TV or to the amp. I changed the cable. A x9s works.

Now the problem is that I got the device from a friend when she was in China so I cannot return it. I suppose the device has to get warm because a connection is not soldered correctly. Any idea what to do or where to look?

Cheers

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I have only one suggestion keep it powered on. At least it will prove if it is a temperature related problem.

The problem may also be within a component and next soldering is very tricky on today's boards.

nabla likes this.
  3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Sounds like a classic dry joint.

The bane of customers' lives everywhere and a staple for the income of seasoned bench techs ;)

nabla likes this.
  4. franz weber

franz weber New Member