Why was firmware v2.0.10 removed from the forum?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Ahmad Haghshenas, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Why was firmware v2.0.10 removed from the forum?

2. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

v2.0.10 never released.

3. blasiusx

blasiusx Member

But here was a link posted, i don't know from him, i downloaded and installed 2.0.10, and it runs much better than 2.0.5, with my box. The Download was definitly from a Zidoo Server.

4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Even if the file was on zidoo server. was not officially released. witch means it may have bugs / broken things and you updated on your own responsibility .

5. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

There was a post regarding 2.0.10 but removed as not meant to be shared on here as such .

6. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

also. was not on zidoo server. was on a googledrive

7. blasiusx

blasiusx Member

Okay, thank you for Information.
    One should always pay attention to who posts firmware upgrades, even if it sometimes overlooks easily or the curiosity should be too big. ;)
    I'll let it run for the first time, it works fine with me - besides the usual bugs.

In the future, however, I pay attention, one can not know if someone is manipulating something. But as I said, I hope that it was a "originals" of Zidoo, so no security problem. Back one can always, even if it "a little" brings work with it.

8. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

the guy that posted is a old user and i don't think he will mess around with any OTA zip's, so you are safe this time. But it's a good idea to only download firmware's posted under official firmware releases subforum

9. Version 2.0.5 that shows how official in Zidoo Service & Support.

correct update, or is it beta?

I do not know anymore, I see a lot of complaints about her.

10. dferregu

dferregu Member

Really? please @HaoSs can you say everybody which oficial release do not have bugs or broken things? Please be serious!!!

Think on us. Every registered person in this forum is working "with no pay" to solve bugs ant we "all" are testers of unfinished product/firmware. I spend a lot of time writing here and posting a technical issues trying you to solve them. Do you really read our posts? Is any one firmware free of bugs or broken things?

I remember you the post
    error PLAYING MTS 3D FILES - BIG GREEN LINE
    CRASH broken ZUIU AFTER PLAY MTS 3DFILES
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...-for-zidoo-x9s-release.6900/page-3#post-32998

Best regards
    David

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  11. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

there's a difference between releasing a firmware and discover a bug and knowingly releasing firmware's with bugs. So don't twist my post and remove it out of context.

That being said. The response from zidoo on reported problem is substandard. And i don't see it changing soon. I can write a small book on what's wrong with the TV box and the way zidoo interacts with us. Sad part in all this: zidoo is actually one of the better ones, the overall standards are so low i'm fighting a losing battle here, probably that's why i'm slowly but surely moving away from zidoo and TVbox world in general and will soon relinquish my moderator position here ( it has no segnification anyways) and stop overall support, from the desire of helping others WE started doing something we had no right to. Zidoo needs to put his big boy pant's on and understand that they need to improve,adapt,overcome and that EU/USA is not part of China.

videobruce and leonkoum like this.
  12. dferregu

dferregu Member

I agree with you.
    Anyway... you re right zidoo is the best android tv in the moment. There is no other manufacturer with a better product. No one manofacturer (china and no china) have a product with a final hardware and software without bugs. Nobody release a finalized product. So this is the best in the worst...

13. DELUCAS

And Apple one of the biggest companys in the World release a huge final software update for the mobile phones or Apple 4K tv box tried and tested my many users before release .........
    And low and behold have bugs in them .

Its really only fully tested to the public as everyone has diff set ups Tv’s and newer or older iphones as an example

Then updates are released .

So Zidoo a smaller company yes they dont communicate well but they do release software often albeit two steps forward one step back .

So no complaints from me and HaoSs your doing a good job holding it all together from certain users i find .

JJKK likes this.
  14. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

well. is one thing to help people and another thing to act as a human spam filter because zidoo just ignores me while also being incapable of setting proper security options for a damn forum. I really don't have any more time for this bulls**t

15. dferregu

dferregu Member

16. DELUCAS

17. failax

failax Member

x265 doesn't work, there is a way to make it work?

18. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

x265 depends on meany factor. post the full mediainfo log. it may not be firmware related ( box hardware can do x265 up to a point )

19. failax

failax Member

Every 4k rip that work in previous firmwares.

20. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

well. than can't help you . you updated to a unreleased firmware. no support there.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018