Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619DR Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Joao Franco

Joao Franco Member

Yup
    I switched the cable,try set for Auto Resolution and Frame rate.
    The 3 options there.

2. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

As we know, on default settings the DV is shown as 8bit DV. Is there any scenario or combo of settings where itll show 10bit or even 12bit DV?

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I really hope this is the last time I have to post this...

12-bit TV Led DV is transmitted over HDMI in an 8-bit RGB tunnel and decoded back to 12-bit DV in the display (hence TV Led).

12-bit Player Led DV is usually transmitted over HDMI as 12-bit 4:2:2 and the display doesn't have to do anything clever. However it can be also transmitted as 10/12-bit 4:4:4/RGB if the display allows (most don't).

gymnos, rozel, xskip and 1 other person like this.
  4. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Thank you Mark, and I know 8bit DV is correct. I am just trying to test something that my Oppo 203 can do but Z9X can't and i've exhausted almost all settings.
    Side question - would a C9 LG allow for 10/12-bit 4:4:4/RGB?

5. Joao Franco

Joao Franco Member

Sorry guys but not find a topic to configure a NAS with the Z9X
    Can you help?
    I´m buying the Synology DiskStation DS220+ to eliminate 4 external disks that are connected direct to Z9X.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2023
  6. Markswift2003

Trying to test what?

B0RN likes this.
  7. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Its a bit coagulated topic, better to make a new thread or PM?

8. Markswift2003

Create a thread - might help someone else.

B0RN likes this.
  9. Verve

Verve New Member

I can't seem to play this DV mp4 demo (w w w.demolandia.net/downloads.html?id=43254366) on my Z9X via USB from. It gets choppy and sound doesn't play at all. Anyone knows why? I don't have issues with playing DV rips.

10. Markswift2003

Just downloaded from your link straight to my NAS and it plays fine on my Z9X, so no idea unless it's a dodgy USB stick.

It's not even high bitrate - maxes out at less than 40Mb/s

11. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

So apparently 100% zoom setting on my LG C9 is not 100%, its zoomed in a tiny bit and cuts off the content on left and right. I noticed this because both HT and MC menus were getting cut off on the sides.
    98% is too zoomed out and puts black bars on the sides.

99% is what fully covers the screen without cutting off sides - anybody else get this?

12. Jason G

Jason G Member

try going into tv settings picture and go to aspect ratio put it on original just scan set to on

13. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

I will check this later tonight and make sure Just Scan is ON. Thanks!

Last edited: Apr 20, 2023
  14. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Scan on was an additional setting besides the screen size 16:9, once fixed the zoom in was correct, thanks everyone!

15. khollister

khollister Member

So I am getting a 2nd Z9X to replace a Vero 4K+ in my RV (Airstream trailer) which will be connected to a Samsung 1080p TV. Should I set the HDR mode to Auto and let the EDID take over or use Highest SDR Rec 709? If the latter, should I leave Gamma under HDR to SDR on movie mode?

Since I only have stereo in the RV, should I use Auto or LPCM 2 channel for sound?

16. Markswift2003

Definitely don't use Auto or Highest SDR Rec.709 - that uses the Realtek engine for HDR>SDR and the colour space conversion is not great.

You want to use VS10 for both HDR and DV, so either VS10 for all content or VS10 for HDR, DV depending whether you want VS10 to do SDR as well as HDR & DV. In this case the gamma setting is irrelevant as it only relates to the Realtek engine.

Auto or LPCM should work but if you get any issues, use LPCM as belt and braces.

17. khollister

khollister Member

Thanks, Mark.

Does the LPCM setting down mix TrueHD and DTS-HD to stereo? I though I had read at one point that the Zidoo didn't decode Dolby or DTS due to licensing?

18. Markswift2003

Yes - it can't decode to PCM discreet 5.1 or 7.1 channels but licensing allows a downmix to stereo.

19. khollister

khollister Member

Perfect. I was a bit concerned because I have some titles where I didn't rip the lossy core. The Vero was both unreliable (had 2 failures over the past few years) and very frustrating to set up. Going to just use a 2 slot USB 3.2 HDD dock (toaster) with 16TB bare drives.

20. Markswift2003

Yeah, I have a Vero too - bought it years ago with high hopes. I think it lasted a day before it got consigned to the (surprisingly high) pile of redundant media players I've been collecting over the years (decades).

"Toaster" - never heard that before - funny!!