Green Screen

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Listado catálogo, Feb 23, 2023.

1. mine does it for a second or two and then the movie starts. It's just very annoying. the nvidia goes black and syncs. but in this case it turns black then green and then the movie all in a couple of seconds. If I put content in SDR it happens but it's faster. If I tried with other HDMI but even with the usual HDMI it does not happen if I connect directly

2. but when you synchronize the HDMI do you see any green image? or does it just go black and then the movie starts?

3. Jimbo Randy

Jimbo Randy Active Member

Yea well like I said, same thing happens to me with both a zidoo and the shield, so it's probably due to certain setups. When you add more devices (i.e. add an AVR or soundbar into the picture) it probably just causes a delayed handshake. I really wouldnt worry about it

4. Jimbo Randy

I see a green screen for a second. Then the video starts.

5. It also happens to me that it is a second or 1.5 but with Nvidia it does not happen to me

6. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Ok, just wanted to check there was nothing unusual there and there isn't.

If I load this EDID into my Vertex then my Zidoo will act exactly the same as yours when playing content and with my Denon amp and Samsung TV I can see nothing unusual - I didn't really expect anything but it was worth checking.

7. Jimbo Randy

Yea I think this is a non issue. I don't see the difference between a black hdmi resync screen and a green one. They're both functionally the same so there really is no issue.

8. Markswift2003

I disagree entirely - a black screen resync is normal, a green screen flashing on and off is not and is extremely distracting.

9. Do you think there is a problem with the player? Or is it just a compatibility issue?

10. Jimbo Randy

I mean everything works though, right? I'm not seeing any PQ issues that I can tell. What do you think is going on then? It's definitely not the zidoo since my shield does the same thing. I always figured it was just my setup (either the hd fury AVR key and/or my old ass denon 1612 1080p receiver, hence the avr key usage). What do ya think? It doesn't bother me because I'm used to it lol. As long as PQ is fine I'm okay!

Last edited: Feb 24, 2023
  11. My nvidia doesn't do it :/ it only goes black

12. Jimbo Randy

It's probably dependant on the difference combinations of hardware used. Who the hell knows lol

13. Jimbo Randy

@Markswift2003 forgot to mention, this used to happen with the shield/hdfury avr key/denon1612 combination on both my LG C1 AND a TCL 55R617. My best guess is it's thr Denon1612 because it probably has an old ass version of HDCP or something. The ave key sends audio to the Denon, and video to the TV.

14. I tried another combination. sound bar LG + LG C1 + zidoo. I also have the green screen

15. Markswift2003

My opinion is that it's a compatibility problem - I would set the resolution to 4K and set auto frame rate only and set the fresh to the most common used, probably 23.976fps, in which case you would set 3840x2160p 23Hz. This would reduce the times it would resync.

16. Jimbo Randy

I did this, lol. It still resyncs. Happens with DV it seems as mentioned earlier. I have to recheck to see if it happens with HDR10. I can't remember. I'm pretty sure it doesn't happen with SDR. If I'm fine with the minor annoyance, is there any reason to worry? As I said, picture quality seems fine and everything appears to work as needed. I assume that eventually once I update my receiver to a modern one, it probably wont' happen since I will no longer be using the AVR key.

17. I now realized that with DV it does not happen

18. I now realized that with DV it does not happen

19. Markswift2003

For the 23 grillionth time, HDMI resyncs on a change of frame rate and/or resolution and/or HDR mode.

Reducing the number of times any one of these things needs to happen will reduce the number of times HDMI resyncs happen.

The key word there is reduce! You cannot eliminate them completely unless you fix resolution, HDR mode AND frame rate and that would be bad.

I need a beer.

rozel likes this.
  20. Franco obrador

Franco obrador New Member

I was reading the thread and from what I read a question arose. The guy says that the green screen problem happens to him in HDR AND SDR and not in DV. Why does that happen?