Green Screen

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Listado catálogo, Feb 23, 2023.

1. Jimbo Randy

Jimbo Randy Active Member

You misunderstood my point. I knowwhat hdmi resyncs are, I know what causes them, and I know that hdmi resyncs are normal. I was responding with this info because you made it sound like the green resync is something to be concerned about. I was just giving more information about under what conditions they are caused vs. normal black resyncs........

2. emb531

emb531 Member

I have an LG C1 and Samsung Q800A soundbar, I have the Zidoo connected to the soundbar and soundbar connected to the C1 on the eARC port. I also get the green screen during an HDMI resync, but it does go away after a second and movie plays normally (I only get it during DV/HDR resyncs).

3. Chr0matic

Chr0matic New Member

I'm having similar issues: my Z9X is connected directly to my TV and when I open certain (faulty?) files, it resyncs and then either shows a completely green/red screen or plays the video with a heavy blue shift. Another problem that shows up afterwards is subs not being displayed correctly, they look like they're only consisting of a weirdly colored outline.
    Then even after leaving the video and playing another, after resyncing the same problems appear for most DV/HDR files until I restart the unit.

4. Jimbo Randy

That seems like a different issue, but is very interesting. There was another post here about internal subtitles causing color tint issues with DV/HDR10 files, although I could not personally reproduce that problem.

5. Davlee81

Davlee81 New Member

I am experiencing this at the moment. When I play a movie, the colour is fine but without subtitles. When I select the internal sub, the screen will turn to green completely. Did some settings and the the screen turns to red tint with the subs showing... any solution? external sub works fine

6. Jimbo Randy

I'm trying to test it but I'm having trouble reproducing the issue. What type of internal subs cause the huge color shift? SRT? ASS? PGS?

7. Davlee81

Davlee81 New Member

I'm not sure what is the internal sub file. It is embedded in the file. Any way to check what is the file type?

8. Davlee81

Davlee81 New Member

Oh, i manage to solve the issue. It has to do with the Non-4K setting in Display Color Settings. Changing the setting to YUV444 8Bit solves it. Yay...

dr4go likes this.
  9. Jimbo Randy

What did you have it set to before?

10. Davlee81

Davlee81 New Member

I got my unit pre-loved... it was set at 12Bit before this. Manage to scroll through this forum and saw another user commented on how he solved it

11. BH2

BH2 New Member

Solved:

Zidoo z9x subtitles turn screen green tint

Played with the HDR settings. (changed from auto) and some settings (HDR10 or VS10) will remove green tint.

Then switching back to auto, it's fine (without green tint)