ZoomGo ZX10 Media Stick - Small OpenWrt device at Walmart for $5 (Damai NW5030)

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X10' started by Bansisingh, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Bansisingh

Bansisingh New Member

I've searched some and see no previous reference to this so I'd like to share my latest project and give everyone a heads up on a a great little device.. I picked 3 up about a month back because @ $5 I figured if nothing else they were worth it just for an 8 gb micro sd card and the usb charger rated for 2.4A.

Their purpose in life is that of a localized media server for the car.. dump movies/music/? on the micro sd, connect upto 4 devices to the built in AP and play your media. They also can connect to a wireless network in client mode as a means of updating the FW, but I've found it also works as a wan connection for whatever you might have connected.

Upon further research(tearing it apart, how else?) it's running a very stripped down copy of OpenWrt on a Ingenic XBurst X1000 SoC (?) @ 1008mhz w/ 256m of ram. It's actually rebadged a Damai NW5030 (but possibly with some changes? the charging pcb has "Walmart C0534" silkscreened on one side..)

It can be powered on via microusb and there's pads for tx/rx/gnd (although tx and gnd were covered in a clear protectant that had to be dremel'd off). Not sure what the root password is because I reset it via console/failsafe before even considering it being helpful to bruteforce it... telnet and www are open.
    Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
    videobruce likes this.
  2. videobruce

videobruce Member

Always like to see someone tear something apart to see how it 'ticks'. Just like Dave on u-boob that has a huge following. ;)