Zidoo Z9x questions

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by kosta88, Nov 12, 2022.

1. kosta88

kosta88 New Member

Hello,
    I've got myself a Z9x for my home cinema setup, technically consisting of a custom built DSP controlled audio system, Marantz SR7009, HDFury Vrroom, custom built server with Plex and Jellyfin, Synology as NFS storage and everything interconnected for internal and external access (Plex on PC, mobile Plex and Jellyfin stuff) and JVC NZ7 as a beamer and Stewart screen.
    Picture and sound quality are very important to me, obviously. Audio is easy, it should be passedthrough to the AVR for decoding. So it's trivial that AVR gets the raw signal for all the sound formats to decode.
    Picture quality should also be very good, with NZ7 and a Stewart. This is where Zidoo shines IMO. Been testing it couple of past days, and the feature to output LLDV then onto my beamer, the picture is very good, deep, controlled... I like it. And I hope I have it configured correctly with Vrroom (over the weekend, I hope I get time to post all the settings, so you can take a look at it).

Now, beside all the pluses... I previously had Kodi on a i3 HTPC. This was a really fast GUI. Also own an Nvidia Shield with Plex app, which is quite good. However, videowall or even media browser on Zidoo are compared to the two above abysmally and painfully slow. It's like I have to switch 2 gears down.
    Beside that, I can't seem to find a system with Zidoo that will let me integrate it into the rest of my system. For instance, Zidoo won't read .jpg files in the folder of the movies created by Plex or read .NFO files apparently. It also won't update the .NFO files with watched/unwatched status.

What I'd like is some way to centralize my whole system and Zidoo should be a part of that.
    I'm also working with TMM and Filebot (albeit the latter less nowdays).

So, any comments on my thoughts?

Last edited: Nov 12, 2022
  2. Cyclone99

Cyclone99 New Member

Have you tried the Jellyfin client customized for Zidoo players on your Z9X?

3. kosta88

kosta88 New Member

Just installed it yesterday. Still configuring it, but seems to be working.