zidoo x9s I accidentally clicked al applications

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by uriel, Feb 20, 2017.

1. uriel

uriel New Member

Hi. Accidentally deleted all the applications of the device . can i return the device to normal? . Now the device shows the icon and that's it.

2. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Factory reset?

3. uriel

uriel New Member

You can not turn on the device is shows the logo of Zidoo and that on-screen.

4. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

Sticky topic "How to flash Zidoo X9S"

5. uriel

uriel New Member

Also i tried pressed the power button and behind the device pressed with toothpick and nothing happened.

6. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

Yes but did you put .img file on usb stick as described in tuto? By he way it is imposible to delete all app what did you do? If you try to flash with other maufacturer firmware you may have scrap boot, in this case box is dead.

7. PacoRabanne

Zidoo logo?
    Boot hang... happened to me, only solution is to follow the Sarco hint. Follow carefully instruction.

8. uriel

uriel New Member

Yes I tried as described to flash .View of the device shows HE 110

9. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

that's HELLO. should say up-- and start flashing. you are doing something wrong

10. uriel

uriel New Member

He shows up a few seconds not flashing and returns to hello.

11. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

again you are doing something wrong. Try another USB stick. make sure you read all steps carefully

12. PacoRabanne

uriel, I can confirm, when "up" appears aonly for a moment, something is wrong in your USB pendrive or in the file you put on it.
    I did it only once, long time ago, but after some tries, changing file name and file extension trying to understand the right one (sorry, I don't remeber), flashing started and ended succesfully.

13. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

well. the file in the zip is already " install.img " , so no rename needed. i flashed my box 2 weeks ago. It's at easy at it can get.

14. PacoRabanne

So, summarizing:
    1. download image zip file
    2. extract file from zip. it must be a single file named "install.img". If not rename so.
    3. use a USB pendrive, formatted FAT32, with NO files or folder on it (latter is true not?)
    4. copy install.img to the root of USB pendrive
    5. insert pendrive in one of the two USB 2.0 ports in X9S (NOT the blue one, that is a USB 3.0 port)
    6. with X9S powered down (or unpowered, same meaning), keep reset button pressed (with a needle, a toothpick or a "opened" clip ), then power up X9S (connected to a TV, of course...)
    7. look at TV, if after a while you see flashing (installing...) progress, you're OK!
    Is almost the same procedure es explained in this link: http://www.zidoo.tv/Support/guide/guide_target/DAIU7VLDRfFKKmVViAFMcQ==/guide_faq/CN6lY0XMyIg=.html

If you have problem flashing, try to use a smaller memory size USB pendrive, and/or a USB 2.0 drive if the failing one is a USB 3.0 one.
    Maybe best if a size <= 32GB and USB 2.0.
    Not sure about this last hints...

freeroc likes this.
  15. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

i flashed using a 64 GB ubs 3.0 stick. worked just fine.
    u did the poweroff option ( using the button on the back of the unit )

16. PacoRabanne

Maybe a video (audio not needed) will explain this procedure more clearly for whom that have troubles.
    Someone like to make it?

17. uriel

uriel New Member

Thank you all for your help, everything look good nowHaoSs thank you for the detailed explanation,sarco thanks for the attention.I appreciate it thanks.PacoRabanne Thank you.

18. uriel

uriel New Member

Hey. I have a problem with blue tooth. Unable to identify devices. When I try to activate the blue tooth shows no sign of activity.

19. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

you have the 2 antenas attached ?

20. uriel

uriel New Member