Zidoo X10 - after 1 hour the wifi does not work anymore

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X10' started by Max69, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Max69

Max69 New Member

I received this morning my new zidoo x10.
    Installed, I configured the wifi (5GHz) and updated the firmware to version 1.4.12
    Everything seemed to work well.

Then I accidentally pressed the "resolution" button on the remote and WIFI has disconnected.

Now I can not reconnect the wifi network to my router, i get alway this message:
    "IP Address Acquisition ...... saved ....... not connected", "IP Address Acquisition ...... saved ....... not connected", "IP Address Acquisition ...... saved ....... not connected", ........................

I try to delete the wifi and recreated it, but no result.

Can you help me please?
    And what is the function of the "resolution" key on the remote control?

Thanks.

2. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Resolution function button is screen resolution as in 1080p - 4k etc

3. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

change the channel to 5ghz to like 64

4. Max69

Max69 New Member

Channel 64?
    I can switch between channel 36/40/44/48 or AUTO (generally is used channel 100).
    I Will try differente channel.
    This thinks is very strange, because with the Zidoo X9S I've never had this problem.

Thanks.

NB: NO problem with 2.4GHz

5. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

or whatever channel under 100 you have for 5 ghz

6. Max69

Max69 New Member

Under channel 100 i can only use 36/40/44/48 (only this channels i can set manually)
    Now i'm using channel 36 and i have problems with X10 (but not with Zidoo X9S).

7. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

try 40, 44, 48, don't ask me why

8. Max69

Max69 New Member

I tryed all disponible channel but don't work.
    Random Wifi 5GHz works the first time, but after restart/reboot don't works anymore :mad:.
    No problem with 2.4GHz
    No problem with X9S (2.4GHz or 5GHz)
    No problem with Leebox 2 Pro (30€) at 2.4/5GHz

Do you know where i can found MAC Address of the 5GHz network card? It is displayed when the wifi works, but in my case ...........
    As the last attempt I would try to fix the IP Address of the 5GHz network card.

do you think the network adapter may be defective? I recived de X10 yesterday from Geekbuying.

9. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

no idea, may as well be some settings in your router, ( try a factory reset of the box, see if you can connect after reset )

10. Max69

Max69 New Member

SOLVED: I return the X10 ;)

11. Raymond A

Raymond A New Member

Hi all I'm thinking that I'm having the same or similar problem... At first it struggled to search find a wifi signal than all was good . I've since accepted the automatic update and after rebooting my X10 can't find I WiFi signal. I've manually entered the required fields to contact to my router but still nothing? I've completed a factory reset but still can't connect again???

12. DELUCAS

Have you tried unplugging from mains for a few mins for it to re set itself from a new firmaware update ?

13. Raymond A

Raymond A New Member

Hi Delucas thanks for the fast reply. I've done that and have successfully found and registered my two network signals ( 2.4and 5 hz respectably) only the 2.4 signal will connect after many attempts but no internet is available and the signal is reported as poor .... Both signals are fine on all other connected devices and internet connectivity is also fine.

14. DELUCAS

Was it work fine before firmware upate ?

15. Raymond A

Raymond A New Member

Yes once it eventually connected it was great, then I allowed the prescribed update (1.4.12) then the network connectivity is lost

16. Raymond A

Raymond A New Member

Thought I'd try something and set up a wifi hotspot of my phone..... And it worked great ( bar the low signal gain ) . So I'm still lost as to why after the update it struggles to pick up a signal and then connect? ATM it's cycling through obtaining IP address then it returns back to saved , now and then it states connected but quickly returns to saved status...

17. DELUCAS

Mine is on a wi fi hot spot via phone never had issues .
    Maybe upgrade to latest firmware 1.4.16

18. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

I did had similar issue, by restarting my router solved the prolem.

19. DELUCAS

Agree people at times always blame the box but other devices are in The pipeline also .......

20. Prometheus

Prometheus Member

Ethernet is the way to go, less problem, faster, less connectivity problem, better bandwidth up to 1Gbps.