Zidoo not shutting down External Hard Drive properly

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X7' started by vman, Nov 2, 2017.

1. vman

vman Member

The Zidoo X7 is not unmounting my external hard drives properly.
    After I unmount my external hard drive and plug it into my computer, the check disk error starts running to scan the external disk.

This is a series problem that needs to be looked into. I had no problems with my external drives until I unmounted them from the Xidoo X7.

This happened with 2 different external hard drives.

Is anyone else having this issue. Maybe it has a defective USB Port.

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

may just be the android system not designed for HDD's, does it also happen if you shut down the box and remove the HDD ?

3. vman

vman Member

Yes, thanks. I tried that and it still did not unmount properly. I also waited about 5 minutes to give the drive time to wind down.

The other weird thing is it adds a lost directory folder to my USB drive.

4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

that;s how android works, it writes some .blabla files on any storage you attach,

5. vman

vman Member

Ok thanks. I'm just scared my drive has been corrupted.

Also, changing topics, can you advise on the firmware situation. I tried to update the firmware via OTA, but it tells me I have the latest version (1.2.6). Although there is a 1.2.7 available.

Is the 1.2.7, not available to Download yet via OTA. If not, how can you download via USB.

6. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

download the rar to a USB stick and do local update, not all updates are available trough OTA, maybe 1 in 3

7. vman

vman Member

Sorry, I am a new to this. OK, when I clicked on the rar file nothing happened. Do i need to unzip the rar file. If so, what unzipped file/folder do I use.

Thanks!

8. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

you don't unzip anything, you connect the usb to the box and go to the update app, point it to the .rar.

9. vman

vman Member

Thank you! It worked!

HaoSs likes this.