zidoo in Romania - HBO GO

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by Lucian C, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Lucian C

Lucian C New Member

I have a big problem with HBO GO here in Romania. I get the message:" Please close up your display in order to continue the movie." I have noticed that this happend only with zidoo, i'm not having a problem with the other androids that I owned.
    What could be the problem? I seriously thinking to return the product.

2. Harlan

Harlan Active Member

The HBO Go app requires an HDCP compliant TV and cable - in addition to a compliant Android device HDMI port. The Zidoo X6 is unlikely to be the source of your problem.

3. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

having the same problem. but with different message : please Remove the other display to continue playback

4. csscos

csscos New Member

same problem here with HBO go. any workaround for it? if a software with a fix could not be provided?

5. Harlan

Harlan Active Member

It's not a problem with your Zidoo X6. HBO Go and HBO Now both require an HDCP compliant setup, e.g. https://help.hbogo.com/hc/en-us/articles/214919478-What-is-HDCP- and http://help.hbonow.com/app/answers/detailHBO/a_id/168/~/what-is-hdcp?

I run HBO Now on my rooted Zidoo X6 and LG TV and have run HBO Go on other rooted Android devices in the past. It's probably a problem with your HDMI cable connection or your TV, not your Zidoo.

According to HBO, they don't even care if your Android tablet or phone is connected to your TV, so long as you use "an appropriate cable", i.e. an HDCP compliant one. See https://help.hbogo.com/hc/en-us/art...-my-Android-device-to-my-TV-and-watch-HBO-GO-

Some cables, and TVs are not HDCP compatible.

6. Adl

Adl Member

Conclusion ? Hbo Go is designed for tablets and phones not for tv.

7. csscos

csscos New Member

Thanks for the info. I tried again with other hdmi cable, also with other tv (lg lm660) which supports hbo go and on which i watched before hbo go trough hdmi from laptop or directly on it with the application. The result is the same: audio plays but the screen is black with error message on it. Is the provided hdmi cable HDCP compliant?

Attached Files:

8. Harlan

Harlan Active Member

No Android boxes, including Fire TV and Nvidia Shield are officially supported. The apps are designed for HDCP compliant Android boxes, tablets, and phones with an HDMI output port that can be attached to a TV.

9. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

you make no sense , so the ziddo is NOT HDCP complient and the hdmi cable from zidoo is NOT HDCP compliant. but " zidoo is unlikely to be the source of your problem " , you are contradicting yourself.

also you are talking about HBO now. And not HBO go. you did not run HBO go on zidoo. but other device. so your input on the problem is invalid. Go run HBO GO on zidoo, using same HDMI cable and TV. then come back :)

10. Harlan

Harlan Active Member

You are not quoting me. When did I ever say that the Zidoo X6 is not HDCP compliant? I've already explained that I have no trouble running HBO Now on my Zidoo X6, which means that it is. I supplied a link to the HBO support pages which explain that HBO Go and HBO Now check for HDCP compliance and that connection to an HDCP TV is officially supported with the appropriate cable. Faulty cables, poor cable connections, and faulty hanshaking signals from connecting energized devices are fairly notorious problems with HDMI equipped devices.

11. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

then you should have no problem running HBO go. do it for science

12. Harlan

Harlan Active Member

Okay, I downloaded the HBO GO app from the USA Google Store and opened it. At the sign-in/sign-up/browse HBO Go screen I selected Browse, then selected the Ballers episode from the Preview drop-down menu. It played perfectly. I don't have a cable or satellite subscription and don't want to sign-up for one to get HBO Go, since I already have HBO Now. It has a 30-day no-risk free preview that you can manage or cancel through your Google Play Store account. You might try installing HBO Now and trying that "for science" if you can't get HBO GO working on your X6.

Last edited: May 2, 2016
  13. Lucian C

Lucian C New Member

The question remains: is the hdmi cable of zidoo X6 HDCP compliant? I wached movies from hbo go with a DVI conection from my laptop. Should i try to use an adaptor HDMI to DVI?

14. Harlan

Harlan Active Member

I don't know about your cable, but the one that came with my X6 works with apps that require HDCP. The links I supplied indicate that the En-US versions of HBO Go and HBO Now (from the USA Google Store) do NOT require any HDMI spoofing, since connections to HDCP TVS are officially supported. Have you asked HBO support about the system requirements for the specific apk versions you've downloaded or tried using the US versions with a VPN?

15. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

HBO GO USA version is working on zidoo x6. But it has a different internal player compared with Romanian version

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  16. Bogdan

Bogdan Member

I have tried to communicate with HBO Go Romania explaining the situation and asking for a solution. After one month I got the answer: Buy a Chromecast!
    What confuses me is that the app works ok with a cheap Android 4.1.1 stick on a tv. Still it ain't working with none of my other terminals running Lollipop connected either via a receiver or directly on tv: Galaxy Note 3 and Asus Zenpad S 8.0. Still I believe that it is not a matter of HDCP compliancy but of a restriction (maybe for Romanian version only) from HBO Go to accept external displays under Lollipop ( where this can be controlled). Again, I can connect any TV under Android 4.1.1. and see HBO Go movies, of course only on wi-fi, which is another stupid restriction of HBO. There are also workarounds to trick HBO that you are on wi-fi but I couldn't do it on X6.
    Ultimately, I bought a Chromecast ☺ to avoid hanging another android player on my tv.

17. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Cheap enough and a good choice.
    All people I know that have a Chromecast are satisfied, inside the limits of the device itself.
    Not THE solution indeed...
    Maybe, when finally I'll buy a TV, I'll do the same!

18. Adl

Adl Member

I have Zidoo X1 II and is very good.
    I have nvidia shield pro and is very good for gaming and entertainment.
    I have google chromecast for portability.
    And apple TV 4 for OS.
    :)

but i like Zidoo team. The best firmware, the best devices.

19. Lucian C

Lucian C New Member

It's working now. All that i have done was dowloading the new app HBO Go from the android magazine play. I'm happy! :)