Zidoo As NAS

Discussion in 'General - Guides and FAQ' started by todo, Aug 31, 2022.

1. todo

todo New Member

Hi There..
    I am a brand new Zidoo convert... bought a Zidoo Z9X and a Zidoo X10Pro mainly to play my mkv ripped 3D Blu Rays easily.
    Question - I have a home network ethernet based ... on the X10 Pro I have a 12 TB Western Digital drive connected with USB 3.0 and to a projector.
    The Z9X is connected to a OLED with 3D capability in another room.
    Both the Z9x and the Z10Pro are connected to the internet and the home network with Gigabit ethernet cable.
    Can I set up the X10Pro as a NAS so the Z9X can pull movies from the USB drive with movies connected to the X10 Pro over the network?
    Thanks in advance,

2. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

Yes you can. All you've to do is to share the HDD in your X10 Pro.

3. todo

todo New Member

Thanks for responding and this is Great News... I was thinking of returning one of the Zidoo Boxes but with NAS Sharing I can surely use both.
    If convenient please give me the steps how I can share the USB Drive connected to the Z9X to the z10Pro (which has no drive) - I looked in the settings of the Z9x but don't see any place to turn on Drive Sharing or NAS.
    I do see the SAMBA server On Off but I guess that is not what I should be looking for.
    Will appreciate your help very much.

4. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

SAMBA server On Off is exactly the setting you're looking for.
    Screenshot_20220831-175509.png

todo likes this.
  5. todo

todo New Member

Thanks very much... I will try this out tonight.

6. todo

todo New Member

Thanks... the Z9X SMB is discoverable on the X10Pro... but disappointing that when playing movies over the ethernet network (GIG) on the X10Pro - there is huge amount of stutter and the X10 loses the SMB and needs to rediscover.
    So really not watchable...
    Wondering if my Seagte USB 4TB Hard drive which is a few year old is the culprit
    I don't think it is the network as I have A very good infrastructure of switches and ethernet cabling
    Now I am thinking I should make the X10Pro the storage by connecting the USB drive to it - then the Z9X will play over ethernet - I try how that works out.
    OR I need to try a newer USB Hard Drive
    Or Use a SATA in the X10Pro and make that the SMB
    Or use a NAS.... this may be the best option
    Decisions Decisions..
    Please shed your knowledge... Thanks.

7. B3tolou

B3tolou New Member

Como ficou resolvido o compartilhamento do HD ligado ao X10Pro?