Zidoo and Matching throughTVDB and TVMAZE not working properly

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nicholas Hewitt, Mar 15, 2023.

1. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

Hi, this was an old bug that happened over a year and a half ago that has come back.

1. First I had my TV Shows set to TMDB in preferences
    2. Noticed that TMDB had missing episode thumbnails
    3. cleared matching info for all seasons
    4. Went into Preferences and switched TV Shows to TVDB
    5. Rescaned
    6. Ended up with everything still using TMDB missing images........
    7. Clicked The TV Show Rematch Option
    8. Made sure it was on TVDB
    9. Rematched all episodes with naming convension "CSI Crime Scene Investigation S01E01.mkv"
    10. had to choose match rule option to episodes for it to match properly.
    11. Clicked ok
    12. Came back still using TMDB blank episode thumbnails.......
    13. repeated steps 7-11 only this time with TV Maze
    14. Match Rule on Episodes showed all the episodes in each season as the first episode so I had 22 episode 1 etc.
    15. Have completely given up and am seriously sick of zidoo's lack of bug fixing. This is the reason people are fed up with zidoo........

2. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

I’ve noted that if the tv series is an old one then using TMDB whilst getting the correct synopsis and art ware etc the cast list and directors are completely random. New or current tv series are ok. An example the 1977 TV series 4:3 of Logan’s Run had as the cast list most if the actors from the first version of DUNE movie. No mention of the star of the series Gregory Harrison etc. and some characters listed hadn’t even been born in 1977:p Oh nearly forgot, if you open the web interface you can add the real cast and save but they are not reflected in HT. So the web interface needs a complete rework methinks. It annoys me so much that I now only open media manager page and decide what I want. I really don’t want to look at HT anymore. As it’s been so long since any update I suspect the company is in serious financial decline. It’s the same pattern of several other companies that have failed.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2023