Zdmc + Trakt

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Azkal, May 4, 2018.

1. Azkal

Azkal New Member

Anyone having problems with Trakt addon? It wouldnt ask for rating or show watched after.

Settings for trakt were configured properly.

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

used it once some time ago and worked good for me . but was on a older zdmc version

3. Darkone

Darkone New Member

I have the same problem, but i think, it's because ZDMC 17.6 don't mark as watch after watching a media :(

4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

i'm assuming you are talking about using the external player in zdmc

5. Darkone

Darkone New Member

Yes with the external player ;)

If i mark manualy the media as watched, and i start the trakt's addon, the media are updated in my trakt's profile.
    I hope Kodi can patch this 'mark as watch' problem with the external player.

6. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

ok. Kodi has nothing to do with this problem. ZDMC is a kodi fork made by zidoo to use the external player ( not sure why they still do this ) , you can do what i do. Turn off external player in settings and use kodi's own DVDplayer (internal player ) works just as good. Use home theater 2.0 thing for external player ( mostly for 3d. DVD's with menu. 4k UHD. etc )

7. Darkone

Darkone New Member

Yes i know for the kodi's own player solution, but why have a zidoo for use the Kodi player ? I prefer the Kodi interface but i want to use the zidoo player and don't want to switch according to the type of media i watch ;)

It's not a big deal, i mark manualy the video after watching. But in the older version of ZDMC, the mark is working :(

Last edited: May 8, 2018
  8. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

playback in zdmc with external player has had some sort of bug from the first 17.x build.

Darkone likes this.
  9. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

Kodi is an application... When you have problem with kodi on windows you do not blame windows! Kodi do have app for android but with very limited choice of box (look at kodi site). Zidoo like many other chinese box use their own video and audio specs meaning their box have more support for their own player... No real kodi box exist, even nvidia do have problem.

10. Darkone

Darkone New Member

I don't blame zidoo at all ... I had many box with Kodi (Rpi, WeTek Hub, Odroid C2) and now Zidoo, i choose them for the cheapset and i like it, it decoded everything. Just the mark watch status have to be fix :)

Sarco likes this.
  11. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

I just want to underline the fact that kodi is only an application, not direct to you but for general audience... Lot of peoples here ask and ask thing for kodi and I began to be tired of that. No offense :D

Darkone likes this.
  12. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

thing is, i really don't see a benefit of using externalplayer over internal one in zdmc. what types of movies are you watching ?

13. Darkone

Darkone New Member

I look some movie in BR, 4K or 1080p. It's just for don't have to switch in the different player. Some BD have menu ..