ZDMC player vs. external player

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by jo23, Nov 30, 2016.

1. jo23

jo23 Member

Hi, what are the differences (except their functions) between the ZDMC player and the external player?

Best regards

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

zdmc is based on kodi ( 99.9% of it ) , and should work on android, using the android API. external player is done by zidoo to work with the specific SOC (CPU). i prefere to use Kodi. some users, the external player. depents on what you want to play. external may be better for 3D or 4k, did not test to see if IT IS or not.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  3. nikos_a

nikos_a Active Member

At the moment, ZDMC has several issues with 1.2.7 as described in this topic. I prefer ZDMC but at the moment if you want to use it, stay with 1.2.6.

4. jo23

jo23 Member

Thank you for your reply, is there a difference in video quality?

5. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

at 1080p, not for me . not sure at 4k

6. smartbrother

smartbrother Member

for me the problem is that the internal player cannot do truehd passthrough(and therefor no Atmos) and no 3d

still i cannot set the zidoo player as default for iso files... i can set it as default but still for iso files the dvdplayer remains default...
    does anyone know ho to solve it?
    i found this http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Use_external_players_on_Android but i have no idea hot to do it due to no knowing how the paths work in android and where to find the userdata folder or how to name the player in the playerconfigfile...