ZDMC 17.1 standby and shutdown functions are missing.

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by htpc, Jul 3, 2017.

1. htpc

htpc Member

Becouse of my Proplems with ZDMC 16.1 in the thread above, i tried ZDMC 17.1.
    But ZDMC 17.1 is not usable for me, becouse the basic functions in powersaving-menue like standby and shutdown are missing. only close is there.
    can you please implement at least standby and shutdown in ZDMC 17.1 like in ZDMC 16.1?

thx in advance

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

You can have shutdown and standby directly under box power menu ( hold the red power button pressed for 3 seconds. Than select "ask me ")

3. htpc

htpc Member

I know but that brings me nothing. I can t choose, that ZDMC17.1, should after a idle time x, go into standby or shutdown, like i can do this in ZDMC 16.1, becouse ZDMC 17.1 lacks of the spoken Opstions.
    So it dosn t helps me, that i can use the remote for that:)
    Thats not the way, i use a Mediacenter in 2017! It should go to standby/shutdown automaticly if i don t use it.
    So please, implement the same Functions in ZDMC 17.1 like ZDMC 16.1!
    But thx for the feedback!

4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

if i remember right,pure kodi 17 also did not have this function on by default, i remember seeing them turned off in a menu, see: system/power "something" menu.

5. htpc

htpc Member

thats standard functionality in kodi since a long time! look at this video for example:
    also ZDMC 16.1 has it! (at least close, standby and shutdown - not all modes from the video...)! in ZDMC 17.1 its just not implementet..!

6. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

does it work with pure kodi ? you can install it next to zdmc

7. htpc

htpc Member

"pure" kodi has it not implementet under android. in windows and surely other operateing systems its implementet!
    it seems that under android it must implementet like you did in ZDMC 16.1.!!!

8. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

zdmc has custom code for passtrough and some work on refresh rate, so unless kodi team decides decides to add that menu to kodi under android, i don't think zdmc will have it any time soon

9. htpc

htpc Member

Sir, please answer me the this questions honest (be sure i will verify your answer!) : has pure kodi 16.1 not ZDMC16.1! under android, in the power saving menu, the functions for close, standby and shutdown or has it the Zidoo-Devs implementet in ZDMC 16.1?
    i think, pure kodi 16.1 under android, has not implementet the spoken functions in the power saving menue.
    i think this functions were aded by the Zidoo-Stuff! (ZDMC is an adaptet version of kodi from the zidoo-devs)
    and by the way, we speak not about passthrough or refreshrate, we speak about the missing functions in power saving menue: "close, shutdown, standby", wich ZDMC16.1 has, and ZDMC17.1 has not!
    so again, please answer my question honest!
    i will find out the truth!

10. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

as far as i'm aware, the standby and shutdown in 16.1 was not implemented by zidoo. I mentioned passtrough and refresh because those are the only changes zidoo made to kodi. ( FROM MY KNOWLEDGE )

11. htpc

htpc Member

thank you!
    i thought the whole time, that pure kodi doesn t has the spoken functions in power saving menu.
    i thought they were implemented by the zidoo- devs, like fix for working refreshrate.
    sure, i can be wrong with this sugestion.
    then you are right and the kodi-guys should implement it.

wish you a nice day
    regards

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
  12. htpc

htpc Member

i said i will check the information and here are the provisionally results of my research:
    pure kodi doesnt seem to have the spoken powermangement functions, but spmc a fork of kodi seems to have it.
    it seems that the kodi-devs took the powermangement functions from spmc and build it into kodi 16.1.
    the newst version of spmc is so far i know is 16.4, that would also explain why this functions are not in zdmc17.1, becouse spmc is first at 16.4.
    i can t check it myself with pure kodi 16x, becouse you seem to have an error in your package signature.
    the package-signature from you zdmc16.1 ist not "zidoo.com" its the offical kodi.
    that means if i woul deeinstall zdmc16.1, i can first reeinstall it, if i deeinstall pure kodi 17.3, becouse both have the same signature "kodi.com".
    so can t have the two version running like i have it yet.
    in zdmc 17.1 package, there it seems you have correct this signature error or like ever you will call it.
    the zdmc 17.1 package have the signature "zidoo.com" so you can have both version installed (zdmc and kodi).
    the the only way to do that yet, is with reflash the x9s or set it back to factory defaults becouse then zdmc16,1 is then automaticly installed.
    normaly this worth for a seperate thread, becouse it should be fixed!
    it must be possible to deeinstall zdmc16.1 and reinstall it without loseing pure kodi!

regards

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  13. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

you are correct, zdmc 17 is the first one that can be installed next to kodi. ZDMC 16.1 is probably dead, so no fix will come to it, 17 is the future

14. htpc

htpc Member

then i can only hope, that this future will get "in the future" also the basic powerfunctions that zdmc16.1 already has yet;)