Z9X Turns on, but no picture

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nicholas Hewitt, Sep 25, 2023.

1. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

I've had this box for 2 years and it no longer displays anything on the screen. This is seriously pathetic for $360 Canadian for a box that only works for 2 years. I tried switching HDMI Cables, factory resetting my TV, Trying a different HDMI port, turning it off at the back, and turning it back on. Nothing has worked. I even tried that tiny reset button on the side, but that did diddly squat! unless you need to do something while or before you press it. This is seriously pissing me off. I guess that is what we get when its made in china!!!!!!!!

2. lami

lami New Member

My Z1000Pro has just done the exact same thing, Tried it on 3 different TVs, factory reset etc nothing, front display works as it should but nothing but a black screen not even a resolution change.

Only thing I have not tried with it is the composite output but I need to find an old tv with one, I expect the HDMI part of the board has failed.

3. Nicholas Hewitt

Yeah same thing the display on the front of the box acts like everything is fine, but no picture.

4. Nicholas Hewitt

Just started pressing buttons on my remote, pressed info and the picture came on oddly enough. I haven't turned it off again yet, but I'll update if it's working for good.

5. lami

lami New Member

Interesting, will have to get mine out of the rubbish box and get busy with the remote :D Im honestly not expecting a miracle tho

6. Nicholas Hewitt

Did you check it out? Mine turns on properly now for some reason. I guess some setting wasn't initializing properly and pressing info snapped it back. Last time I had a problem with a black screen and pressing resolution was the only thing that worked.

7. lami

lami New Member

Yea I tried it out, plenty of button bashing but no luck for me tho still just a Black screen, I would like to try the compsite output to see if that works, Still looking for a TV to try it on.

I think I am going to strip the unit down and check the board for any damage etc.

Got nothing to loose at this point, pity as it was a decent player tbh, Ive watched plenty of movies and TV series with it, Hours switched on wont be excessive either as I never left it on, it
    was always powered down when not in use, Maybe thats the problem lol.

Fine one night, then a couple of days later switch on and nothing, I always got the resolution switch on first boot, then the Zidoo screen now nothing happens after choosing the correct HDMI input.

Purchased a Z9X Pro to replace it with, Time will tell if thats a good choice or not, but nothing out there for sale stands out as being the market leader and a must buy, Plus I actually had very few issues with
    scraping and my lists, a few movies and TV series yea, but these where easily solved manually.

Its done everything I wanted from it the Z1000 with very few issues, but I expected it to last longer than it has tbh.

Glad yours is back working tho :cool:

8. neoitata

neoitata Member

Same here !
    Z1000pro 4 months old, today boot up (third time maybe), but no picture.
    Only hours on display.
    Anybody find the solution ??
    Any News???

9. Nicholas Hewitt

It has happened to me twice and both times pressing certain buttons on the remote worked. The resolution button worked the first time, but the second time it was another button. I suggest trying every button. I think the second time it was the info button, but I'm not sure.

neoitata likes this.
  10. neoitata

neoitata Member

Thanks,
    was just try that and miracle happened. WTF i dunno wich remote button was, cause i start press all buttons randomly but Z1000 start to work.
    Is it the FW thing, or HW thing ?
    Damn, so everytime i want to wake up player, i must start pressing the remote buttons?
    Jeez, i think i will return it, or change it because Z1000 is still under warranty.

11. Nicholas Hewitt

For me it only happened twice. It comes on normally for me after pressing thd button that 1 time.

It's just a hiccup.

I think sometimes if a button gets pressed by accident, it will sometimes get stuck, but it only happened to me 2 times in 3 years.

neoitata likes this.