[Z9X] NFS from TrueNAS Scale doesn't work

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Joel0, Mar 20, 2023.

1. Joel0

Joel0 New Member

I am trying to have my Z9X (v6.4.20_G) Media Center and Home Theater 4.0 apps connect to my TrueNAS server (version Scale 22.12.1) via NFS. My NFS server shows in the list, but none of the exports are shown.
    z9x.jpeg

I know my server is working, because I can connect my media to ZDMC and computers running Fedora and Debian. I've attempted changing all the NFS server settings and permissions without luck (e.g. enabled UDP, enable NFSv4, map all users to root, give everyone full permission, enable read only, allow non-root mount).

From comparing a packet capture between Zidoo Media Center and ZDMC, it appears like the problem is the version of protocol Zidoo apps are trying to use being wrong. The server replies with:

Code:
    [Program Version: 1]
    Accept State: remote can't support version # (2)
    Program Version (Minimum): 3
    Program Version (Maximum): 3
    In contrast, ZDMC is using `[Program Version: 3]`.

I expect I can use SMB instead of NFS, but are there any workarounds to get NFS working? Can this bug be fixed?

Attached Files:

2. Sneffets

Sneffets New Member

Did you ever come up with a solution for this? I am running a similar setup...TrueNAS-SCALE-22.12.4 both the NFS and SMB shares are working, as I can connect via my MacOS, Windows, and Debian server...so very odd...