Z9X - Default subtitles ignored when PGS

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Miroslav Hrncir, Sep 3, 2023.

1. Miroslav Hrncir

Miroslav Hrncir New Member

I have PGS subtitles in the movies. They all have set correct language. The preffered one has even the 'default' flag. Anyway: when I choose in Zidoo Settings to choose 'default' subtitles, it never works, it always chooses first subtitles in the video instead the one with the 'default' flag. Even when I choose specific language, it ignores the PGS subtitles in this language and it uses the first PGS in the stream. This all happenes only when subtitles are in PGS and are muxed into the MKV file. When using external srt, it works fine. This happenes across many versions of Zidoo firmware, even in the newest one from 2023. Will this ever be fixed ? Any tips how to fix it?
    Thanks for any help.

2. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

The Zidoo PGS subtitles handling are not perfect by any means...and its reading of the Default doesn't seem to be the best.... but for me they work absolutely perfect for subtitles flagged as Forced (F). I leave subtitles turned OFF, but make sure any subtitles that contain necessary foreign language parts are flagged as Forced using MKVToolnix. Thus if you know that you want a certain subtitle to always play, then flag it as Forced. Or if you have multiple subtitles and you only want one subtitle track to automatically play upon activating subtitles, then I just move it to the first position ... again using MKVToolnix. Kind of a pain after the fact if you have a lot of content already ripped I know, but I make this part of my process for every new title and it is all set to go.