Z9S setting and playback questions

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by tz0616new, Dec 5, 2019.

1. tz0616new

tz0616new Member

I just bought a Z9S player, according to many recommendations as a nice player on the market.
    Firmware version is ver.2.2.82.

I have a Hisense 65H9F 4K HDR smart TV, which runs on Android 8.0.
    The smart TV can play movies in USB drive very well with great picture, but it can not support rmvb, avi and wmv format video. In addition, smart TV can not adjust the subtitle (font, size...) and does not show the full name of the movie in the list. So I want to buy a decent all-in-one media player which can handle all kinds of format video. Unfortunately, Z9S also has the same defect as my TV (can not support rmvb, avi and wmv format video).

1) It seems that I can not hard-decode the old format movies (rmvb, avi and wmv), right? What software can use the internal video player (comes with the media center) to play old format movies without degrading the picture quality?

2) To play a 540P or 720P movie using the box, what setting should I change in order to get a better picture (my TV has 4K upscale function)?

3) To play a 1080P or 4K movie using the box, what setting should I change in order to get a comparable picture as Smart TV did (I feel that the TV plays the USB movies with much better picture, I am not sure if I do not make the right setting.)

Any suggests are much appreciated.

2. camerinik

camerinik New Member

Hi,
    same problem.
    Try to install VLC player from Play Store ( see the post ).
    if I'm not wrong, it should work.