Z9S interferes with Sony BRAVIA Sync

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by cavedarter, Nov 4, 2020.

1. cavedarter

cavedarter New Member

I have a sony TV and a PS4. One of the benefits of this is BRAVIA Sync - basically I can use my TV remote to control menus and stuff on the PS4 (for example, when watching a disc or media on PS4, I can use media buttons on TV remote). Also, if the TV is off and I turn on the PS4, the TV will turn on and switch to the correct input

When I have Z9S plugged in and powered on, it interrupts this from happening. The TV just recognizes everything plugged in as a regular old-fashioned HDMI connection. If I unplug the HDMI cable from the back of the Z9S or completely power it off, I can re-establish the BRAVIA Sync connection between PS4 and TV.

I've looked around in the Z9S settings a bit and can't figure out anything to turn off. Just wondering if this is an issue I'll have to deal with every time

2. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

I'm not 100% sure if I'm pointing you in the right direction but do you've CEC disabled?
    2020-11-04 13:58:15.jpg

3. cavedarter

cavedarter New Member

I discovered that menu yesterday when I decided to finally try and sort this out! It was off by default - turning it on does make the Z9S show up as a connected "Player" on my TV, but also messed up the BRAVIA sync stuff with my TV remote when I switch back to the PS4. I tried also to enable the CEC and then uncheck all those options below before re-disabling CEC, but that didn't seem to do anything.

appreciate the suggestion though, I feel like it's on the right track

4. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

If not intend to use HDMI CEC then connect player with HDMI CEC Less Adapter.

5. cavedarter

cavedarter New Member

stinks I might have to buy something instead of just changing a setting but I think this might be the solution I am looking for. thank you! now to try to find a cheap one somewhere

6. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

Cheap solution then Lindy/Saxonia adapter can be broken pin 13 if used cheap HDMI cable.
    [​IMG]

cavedarter likes this.
  7. cavedarter

cavedarter New Member

got one of the adapters from amazon today and so far it seems to be working perfectly - thank you so much for the suggestion!