Z2000 Pro, Max Hard Drive Size?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Venmaster, Aug 25, 2023.

1. Venmaster

Venmaster Member

Greeting all ...

I'm looking to upgrade my '10TB Hard Drive' for my Z2000 Pro and was wondering how big I can go without issues?

I'd like to go with a 20TB Western Digital UltraStar if possible?

2. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

16 TB max I think.

3. xskip

xskip Active Member

4. Venmaster

Venmaster Member

I was aware of the 16tb spec ;) but I've seen others claim they're using 18tb without issues so wanted to hear what the community has to say ...

Why would it only be 16tb? is this what Zidoo tested up to? and if so did they test 18tb or 20tb plus? or only 16tb max? and if so what was the results ...

5. Michael Wright

Michael Wright New Member

Not sure if you still need a reply, but I just recently received and setup a Z2000 Pro. I've successfully loaded a 22TB Seagate drive in with no issue (yet) - other than a slight clicking sound from the drive....argh. My data is currently only up to about 14TB, but I'm sure that I'll still be good after passing the 16TB mark...

6. Szw

Szw Member

7. MRobi626

MRobi626 New Member

H!

I use with Seagate Exos X 22TB working fine.
    But:

- zidoo dont format
    - Myself need buying new usb house (ORICO-DS200U39, and formatting with my win PC.

8. Jbmeth007

Jbmeth007 New Member

Zidoo Support FAQ says

"16TB for 1295 & 1296
    18TB for 1619DR."

considering the dr and bdm use technically the same board. I'm assuming 18TB for 17.6TB max

9. Jbmeth007

Jbmeth007 New Member

Just got an Exos X20 18TB sata drive in today,
    Testing, first insert and format attempt. shows up "unknown". and that it needs to be formatted. Selected NTFS and hit OK. Said format successfully, but the drive totally disappeared.

Will be inserting to PC next to check on partitioning etc. but confirmed the 18TB drive is not supported natively. Which we already knew from forum posts. But had to confirm myself.
    Consensus says convert disk to GPT+NTFS -.5TB. Will be giving that a shot.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2024