Z2000 pro internal HDD not detected?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Gandalf67, Nov 16, 2023.

1. Gandalf67

Gandalf67 Member

Hello,

Bad day with the new toy today... I'm trying to install a 8TB HDD inside (Segate Barracuda), it doesn't seem to detect it, even after power cycle etc... I've tried with the disk formatted as NTFS on my PC, then totally empty with the partition deleted, still nothing, it doesn't show up in the file manager.
    Do I do something wrong?

Edit: I tested with an old 1TB drive, works fine. This is quite strange. I'm going to erase completely the MBR etc.. of the 8TB drive like if it was straight from the factory and see if the Z2000 finally detects it.

Edit 2: issue solved by completely erasing (zeroing) the first few tracks of the disk. Formatting or deleting the partition on the disk was not enough, there was "something" left on the boot sector which prevented the Z2000 from seing the drive, although it worked perfectly in a PC or on the PC in an external USB3 enclosure. Once the first tracks were zeroed, it was recognized by the Z2000 as "Unknown" and there I was able to format it and it's OK now. Weird.

Thanks.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2023
  2. K. Matt

K. Matt New Member

Hello,

How did you remove the first tracks?