Z1000PRO & Synology DS923+

Discussion in 'General - Guides and FAQ' started by Jagman, Dec 30, 2023.

1. Jagman

Jagman New Member

TLDR: How would you setup a new 50TB Synology NAS to play nice with a Zidoo streamer? All rips will be freshly done so any format can be used.

I have had a Z1000PRO for a while. It has an internal 14TB WD Red Plus drive. I've ripped MKV files from various BDs and UHDBDs to that drive, but I have had no luck getting poster art to work. I believe I'm using the correct naming convention for each media file, but I cannot get the Z1000PRO to recognize the files so none of the movies have poster art. That's frustrating but my life became complicated and it became a back burner problem.

Now I have more time...

Aside from the poster wall problem, I came to the conclusion that I wanted more storage, redundancy and use beyond just HT streaming so I got a Synology DS923+ NAS and filled it with 4 Seagate IronWolf Pro 20TB drives. I just installed the drives last night and now have 50+TB of available storage space.

Given that the NAS will be used for more than just media rips, but that the media rips will be the most important thing to me, how would you setup the NAS to work with the Z1000PRO? Also, given the size of the storage capacity, what format do you recommend I use to re-rip my disks? Any advice on getting the rips to play nice with poster art in the Z100PRO? TIA.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2023
  2. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Naming should be as they appear in TMDB for their folder and the file name the same. No longer necessary to add details like 4k or DTS etc after the file name as Zidoo uses Mediainfo to extract that info.
    So as an example Clash of the Titans (1981) folder name
    Clash of the Titans (1981).mkv the file name and I have an external subtitle file Clash of the Titans (1981).ass

Jagman likes this.