Z1000 sparkle (problem?)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1296)' started by Clint74, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Clint74

Clint74 Member

Hello,
    just wanted to share my experience...

With and LG Oled C6 through a Marantz receiver if the Zidoo Z1000 HDMI range mode is set to auto there are sparkle problems on dark backgrounds next to bright objects (I noticed as any opening scene of the star field in the just released Star Wars UHDs were plagued with this).
    This is very strange as if I manually set it to 16-35 or 0-255 it works fine!
    I wonder, since there are no other possible settings, auto should just toggle between the two. So why if the player chooses there are problems and if you set it manually in either setting it's fine?

I write this as I just spent 1 hour fiddling with HDMI cables thinking they were the culprit (SW UHD is 95 Mb/s).....or the output connector...

2. Kalashnikova1947

Kalashnikova1947 New Member

I've had the same problem and one of the updates fixed it I guess. I had the Z9S and now the Z1000, Marantz av8805 pre-amp and LG OLED E6. So I guess we have almost the same combo. Now I have a another problem with both players, it's crushing black and I don't know why this is happening. So if you or anyone else knows anything about this and how to fix it please let me know.

3. Clint74

Clint74 Member

Did your blacks just suddenly started crushing? Have you tried both the 16-235 and 0-255 settings? Are you still in auto?

4. Kalashnikova1947

Yes, and it always happens when I remove hdmi cable and reconnect it again. Plus I never do that the electricity is on, I just switch it off from the wall outlet. And yes I've tried both 16-235 and 0-255, one would would make it look washed out but still the black have no details in them even when it's washed out. The other one just stays the same as the auto. It is really frustrating. Any ideas?

5. Clint74

Clint74 Member

I don't understand; "it always happens when I remove hdmi cable and reconnect it again". So it lasts for a set period of time? Then it goes back to normal?

6. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

First elliminate HDMI cable make sure its a Certified 4k cable one .
    Then check your screen settings and Zidoo box settings that are not conflicting with each other.

are you seeing it on other hdmi input sources ?

7. Kalashnikova1947

No, I used "always" because i couldn't fix so I bought another one and same thing happened again. So now it's either I get them fixed or am done with Zidoo.