Z1000 keeps rebooting (problem)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1296)' started by Clint74, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Clint74

Clint74 Member

Hello, I've been on firmware v2.3.10 for a few months now.

Since a few days the unit keeps rebooting during playback of movies (.mkv).
    It started less frequently with a couple of reboots through a movie last week, I initally thought there was a problem with the file or an occasional glitch. Unfortunately yesterday the problem worsened and it had 4/5 reboots during the last 10 minutes of a movie. Tried several movie which always played fine...
    The unit sinmply reboots and the Zidoo logo shows up and then you are in the homepage. It is definetely a quicker reboot then a proper intentional one selected from the menu.
    Once rebooted the previuosly open apps are still open including the media player and the movie will restart from where it left off.
    Apparently it only happens during movie playback and never experienced it navigating the various menus, file manager or the poster wall / home theater app.
    I don't use the music app or other services.

I will try installing v2.3.32.....

Do you think it could be a power supply issue? Temperature issue?
    I also changed the auto fan speed setting to low as the fan has gotten very loud recently with a rattling noise. I have and SSD installed so it shouldn't generate lots of heat...but summer is here....
    Unit has 3 months aprrox.

Will make more tests tonight.

2. 200473

200473 New Member

Software 2.3.32 solves this problem. You still need to enable USB Debugging enable.

3. Clint74

Clint74 Member

Hello, thanks for the reply but what is USB debugging?

4. Clint74

Clint74 Member

5. Clint74

Clint74 Member

I'm sorry to ask but I don't know anything about USB debugging and don't understand what it has to do with firmware upgrade?

6. Clint74

Clint74 Member

Update: I managed to update to v2.3.32 but the unit is pretty much unusable now. Now it keeps freezing for around 10/20 s and then it reboots (during playback it just reboots immediately with no prior freezing). It's happening also in menus and everywhere else. As often as every couple of minutes....maybe less.
    I don't think it's overheating as I set the fan to max and though very noisy it does expel quite cool air, definitely not hot. Also the case is relatively cool, cooler than anything else in the rack.

I fear doing any other flashing or procedure as if i does freeze during one it will be bricked....

I really wouldn't know if it's a hardware problem as it does seem that the more you use it the more it freezes.....anyway I'm sending it back.

7. futeko.com

futeko.com Active Member

8. Clint74

Clint74 Member

Hello, as stated I sent back the unit as it kept freezing any time...not risking a brick....

Thank you anyway for the info....