Z1000 experiences

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1296)' started by Cezary, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Cezary

Cezary Member

Hi,

I'm new owner of Z1000 player. I'm going to use it mainly for my huge private videos collection as well as for classic movies set.
    I have few issues noticed so far.

1. When playing my old PAL DVDs ISO or SD single video autoresolution doesn't work - video output is set @2160p, but auto framerate works correctly. Is it as design behaviour?
    2. DVD menu navigation works in general as intended BUT there isn't menu highlight selection visible (indicating currently selected menu element). Sometimes, when I return from playback to DVD menu, highlights surprisingly appear.
    3. I'm not able to switch (to next, to previous) chapters in DVD (and probably in BR). Sometimes there is a message "Operation not allowed".
    4. I'm not able to filter movies by YEAR (I didn't check others filters) in Poster Wall. For example when I choose any year range filter, the result is an empty list...

Next there are some requests for future releases:
    5. Please add descending order sorting in Poster Wall, especially by name and year. My private videos names starting with date of shooting, and I would like to have the newest ones at the top.
    6. It would be great to have a posibility to have separate full functional Poster Walls for different sources (for example one for private videos, second one for movies). I know there is possibility to filter sources, but it is not much ergonomic im my case and should be set each time.

At the end there is a real problem connected - I guess - with HDMI CEC protocol. In my configuration Z1000 is connected to Denon amplifier using HDMI, and then Denon output (eARC) is connected to Samsung TV HDMI input (ARC). When I power off Z1000 totally, Denon amplifier is blocked and all audio (from TV or even from SAT receiver connected also to Denon) is sent to TV's speakers instead of Denon speakers. TV doesn't recognise Denon Amplifier. Enable or disable CEC function in Z1000 changes nothing. When I put Z1000 in standby mode, everything works as intended as well as when Zidoo is powered:(

Can you provide me with some advises to address my experiences?

Regards

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
  2. Clint74

Clint74 Member

hello,
    I can't answer for any full discs (DVD, BR etc.) as I think with all these players the best thing to avoid trouble is just use .mkv container. So far in years (HD Dune, Zidoo, PCH, Egreat, Zapitti) all worked very well, especially HD Dune and Zidoo quite flawlessly...once you start with full discs you start having problems sooner or later...you also save a lot of space with no compromise on quality (remux) and operation is much much faster. Also you have a bonus of options with playback, subs etc. Absolutely no comparison.
    The only drawback is if you care about extras..but if you have time and will you can remux those as well...personally out of a quite big collection I keep full Blurays of only a handful of titles because they might have multiple endings etc.

Poster wall already has ascending or descending order choice for any category (title, name etc.) Those two opposite semi arrows on top right in the main page.

The year ordering is definitely broken though.

Be grateful about source selection as it's very quick compared to Kodi or others where you need may clicks to get there......my only gripe is that with source filtering you can't choose poster size! Why not Zidoo? Or am I wrong?

Anyway for the last problem mentioned I have a Marantz amp (basically a Denon with different branding and a few components, warmer sounding and more inclined to music rather than soundtracks and a few more gimmicks) and no problems....as usual firmware update and all....sometime powering sequences (before the amp, then source and then TV..or other order) helps... remember sometimes these amps
    Anyway just leave in stdby...no big deal! Just a Watt or two...

Regards and stay safe.

3. Cezary

Cezary Member

Thanks Man !!! I didn't catch I have to click "Title" second time :) It does work.

PS. I've read Denon doesn't love Samsung TV in terms of HDMI CEC :(

4. Clint74

Clint74 Member

I would be surprised as Samsung is certainly the most widespread TV brand and Denon should be quite at the top of the list too....There should be many thousands of such combinations around......but Samsung I guess just doesn't care much especially if your model is not in stores any longer.....
    Had a bad experience with such a TV once and banned the Brand from my life...changed 3 TV sets and all had the same problem over again....I gave up.

5. Cezary

Cezary Member

I've repacked all my DVDs and BD's to mkv - no problem with chapters at least :)

6. Najeeb

Najeeb New Member

Can anyone assist over z1000 hdmi in port?