Z 1000 Pro and Roon

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by rola, Jan 27, 2021.

1. rola

rola Member

According to specifications z1000 pro is Roon ready, but when I try to activate Roon I get a message that
    Roon certification is not completed for this product, contact manufacturer.

So my question is: when is this fixed? I’m interested in getting one more Z1000 Pro for my livingroom where I mainly listen to music, but won’t buy another one if things they say should be working is never sorted out.

2. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

seems Zidoo has not sent any box to Roon :) for certification

3. Fatih Durmus

Fatih Durmus Member

What does it mean?

Attached Files:

4. Armin Moesslacher

It means that Roon Ready just would mean OK its ready if the certification with Roon server (done by Roon) has passed, it will support Roon.......Before your device is not certified by Roon the Roon Server will not accept it as a Roon Bridge........that's it so we have to ask Zidoo how they can carry the Roon Ready Sign on their products :)?

5. Fatih Durmus

Fatih Durmus Member

You right.
    zidoo has roon advertisement.

6. Comporellon

Comporellon New Member

Hi

It is working.
    I can send you a screenshot.

Attached Files:

7. Comporellon

Comporellon New Member

8. rola

rola Member

Thanks, just what I expected. The question is do Zidoo finish the certification to get these products roon-ready or not?
    It would be nice with a comment from Zidoo.
    Activation of noncertified products is not possible after 21 september 2020.
    My guess is that the new 3000 also is a uncertified product.

9. Fapaci

Fapaci New Member

None of Zidoo players have Roon certification. Roon Ready... it is just a lying from Zidoo.

10. Armin Moesslacher

I would not consider it lying since Roon recognizes the devices!!! So the bridge SW must be there, but they do not have been issued by Roon officially which is necessary to have it really "ready".

Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
  11. xiaogcai

xiaogcai New Member

It can't work on mine yet. Anyone else can make it work?

To Zidoo, at least you can correct your ad. or update your schedule for the Roon Ready or Roon Tested.

12. Armin Moesslacher

13. Guy Brown

Guy Brown New Member

Any update on this?

I have just received my new Z1000 Pro and one of the things that convince me to buy as the Roon Ready feature but of course it doesn't work as it isn't certified!

Any chance it will become certified? Or is there any work around?

14. Armin Moesslacher

no workaround since Sep 2020 (at that time a non certified device could be accepted by Roon Server and as long as you not delete it from the config in Roon it was O.K.)

Atfer that if you try to add a new non certified device, no chance.......mirror said Zidoo is in contact with Roon people, I do not know if that is true or not, but in the Roon forum where I am a member very long I didnot see anythinr related to Zidoo. But it's up to Zidoo to do something.....