youtube 1440 option now missing 1.0.25 firmware

Discussion in 'ZIDOO H6 Pro' started by Codruț, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Codruț

Codruț New Member

Hello, Ziddo H6 Pro owners. Today (27.06.2018) I just find out that 1440 option from youtube is missing. Only 1080 is there. Before 2k in youtube was working on 4k videos.Now, same videos, same firmware (1.0.25) I have only 1080.What just happened?Please help....

2. Codruț

Codruț New Member

Hello.I just lost 1440 option from youtube app. I tried everything: reset the box, flash stock 1.0.25 image firmware, reinstall youtube app, install other versions of youtube app (older and newer) but to no avail.What should i do? Please, someone help me.

3. Nasty

Nasty New Member

Have you tried not buying a Zidoo box?

4. Asha

Asha New Member

i use smartyoutube and it can run almost 4k videos, instead of official apk

5. Codruț

Codruț New Member

But how do you manage to select 4k in smart you tube? If I select that option, with vp9 codec, video stop playing. If I select 1080 video will resume and play. Maybe I do something wrong? The problem with not able to watch 1440 p YouTube anymore is recent, and all of sudden. Until now I was able to select 1440p in YouTube. Now, same firmware, out of the blue, that option just disappeared, and I can't get it back no mater what: older YouTube app, YouTube for Android, Smart YouTube, nothing.

6. Asha

Asha New Member

There are some unofficial version of SmartYouTube, some of them can run 4k, other can't. but it's very difficult to watch it throught WI-FI