YCrCB 444, fluidity problem

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by indieke, Jan 5, 2017.

1. indieke

indieke New Member

I got my player this week. Honestly I was a bit disappointed by the PQ. So I start to think about ways to improve it.

I put it on the same color space as my Oppo 93, mentioned above. And yes, now the PQ, came close to the one I was used it. More punch, feeling of depth. But then other problems happen. It looks like the acceleration, does not work probably on that color space any more. Fluidity, is gone. Not that it becomes unwatchable, but is not natural, looking like the travellings are on wrong speed. Auto frame rate is on, and is announced on screen in the right mode.

I left deep color on auto, I also wondered which would be best environment on a Sony VW 95, if I put it to manual. I am using ZDMC player (Kodi) with external player on.
    It seems sound is also less stable unfortunately, heard some cracking here and there, I not heard before. Tried this with several movies, it could be this not happen an every one. I played BD Blood father, and not noticed it. But then very obvious on Fast 7, and on last Star Trek movie.

I have latest stable software available

Very annoying, as I like this color space best on my Projector, in auto, it lacks punch. Maybe there is a fix for this?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  2. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Don't mention the 4:4:4 problems, it isn't important enough according to some moderators, not even in the top 100.

3. indieke

indieke New Member

That is a strange answer. PQ is way better in my setting, with this setting. So much better, that the AUTO mode is really weak compared to it. As simple if the ".4.4 problem cannot be solved, I will send it back. No use to have inferior quality on my Sony projector, if this can be helped.

Can anybody say which deep color is best and certainly for my device?