XLR/RCA output vs XLR

Discussion in 'Eversolo' started by Daniel N, Feb 17, 2024.

1. Daniel N

Daniel N New Member

Has anyone noticed this in the output section of the A8. They have XLR/RCA option and XLR option, along. Than I see a RCA option by itself. I have my output set to XLR not the XLR/RCA. Will there be a difference if I set my output to XLR/RCA?

2. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

The XLR/RCA is a joint output I.e. simultaneous output on both XLR and RCA connections. I was added in on a very early firmware update on the A6 to help people who wanted to feed main speakers and subwoofers I believe. There will be no difference in XLR regardless of whether single or joint outputs are selected.

3. zzeitg

zzeitg New Member

I'm wondering if it would be safe to connect the unit to an amplifier via XLR/RCA adapter cable. I think there's slightly higher voltage from XLR compared to RCA. Any risk for the amplifier..?

4. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

It will depend on the wiring of the cable or adapter. If only one of the signal feeds is used from the XLR side, it should end up the same voltage as a normal RCA.

Stopeter44 and Nutul like this.
  5. THXjay

THXjay Member

I was wondering this also...

Would it be OK to set it to output both XLR/phono with the XLR going to amp (XLR to phono cable) and use the phono out on the A6 to a bluetooth transmitter?

6. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

Assuming phono means RCA unbalanced analog out, then yes no problem. However your volume control on the A6 will be common to both.

7. THXjay

THXjay Member

Yes RCA, and the output would be set to full out anyway for the amp so everything should work out fine.

Thanks.

8. Wolfgang Drewes

Wolfgang Drewes New Member

I use Supra EFF-IFXLR from the dmp-a8 in my active speakers and use an XLR-rca adapter there. I haven't heard any difference to the rca cables Supra EFF-ISL

9. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

It makes no sense to use an XLR cable from the source, and use an adapter to RCA to enter the destination!!! Go RCA all way long!
    XLR (balanced) cables make sense only if BOTH the source AND the destination have XLR outputs, and inputs, respectively!

Stopeter44 likes this.