XBMC sound

Discussion in 'ZDMC for Zidoo' started by don knox, Mar 18, 2015.

1. don knox

don knox New Member

Ok, so I got so frustrated trying to get Dolby Digital 5.1 to play with my files in XBMC that I deleted the Zidoo version of XBMC. In the Zidoo version I could get my receiver to recognize the signal however it flashed in and out or the timing was way off. Not watchable. I've installed regular XBMC Kodi however now can't get any recognition of DD5.1 on my receiver. It shows up but it's just a screeching noise when enabled. I'm doing this through S/pdif direct to receiver. Passthough enabled in settings. Still getting DD5.1 when using Archos or MXplayer. I'm beyond frustrated. I was really hoping Kodi would be the only interface I would use. I don't want to be going in and out of apps for a cohesive home theatre experience. Is anyone having any luck with this thing?

2. Jens

Jens Member

To be honest, forget Kodi for Video playback at all at this point in time. Really ;) Audio or Shoutcast is fine but not video.

As I wrote in my product suggestion thread I assume that Kodi currently (!) does not use hardware support on the Zidoo platform. Do yourself a favor and install the Archos Player, from playstore
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.archos.mediacenter.video (or apkhere).

3. sandman

sandman New Member

I have the same issue with getting any of AC3 5.1,DTS,TrueHD pass through working. It sucks that I bought this zidoo to play videos with its original sound and What I got is that it plays videos but has lots of problem playing back pass through sound. And if you don't use pass through audio all audio sounds and 2 channel stereo. I can't even get Google play store work so that I can load something else to play videos. I wish some one had tested zidoo product with kodi before selling the product.