X9s - Strange Library Listing Problem - PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Stu Croft, Dec 29, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Stu Croft

Stu Croft New Member

Hi guys,

I had put this in the "other" category but this seems a better place to put this post...

I am using ZDMC as my media player. I've been encountering a strange problem with my library listings. All folders get listed correctly under "Videos > Files" and no problem playing any videos when they display.

The issue I am having is that some folders seem to be empty when I go into them from the listing view - It shows a sample or any .txt files but no video. The strange thing is when I go to my folders on my pc, the file is there, I rename the video file that is missing (I normally just add an x on the end) - Then when I go back to the player and check again the video is there and plays fine.

This is happening with quite a few videos and I can't find a common denominator. Most files that have the issue are MKV files. I can obviously go in and rename the file each time to watch it but it's getting annoying.

The strange thing is that when I have renamed it and watched it, it will then disappear from my library until I rename it again. It can be any form of renaming, normally I just add a letter to the end of the video file and it works. It's just so annoying that I need to do this every time to watch quite a few of my files... The folders always shopw but it's the video inside that is missing until the renaming.

I'm running the latest firmware from Sep 2019 and my hard-drive is not connected to the box via network, just direct USB.

Any help is much appreciated!

2. Stu Croft

Stu Croft New Member

So I ended up just installing KODI v18.5 using the Confluence skin and it's working fine. I;'ve removed ZDMC and am just using Kodi now, no more problems so far...

3. iPete

iPete New Member

Hi I have the same problem ZDMC just doesn't see .iso files in the library. MKV or AVI is fine. Where did you find the apk files for kodi 18.5? Did you have any other issue with 18.5?

4. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

zdmc has also to be updated to a newer version based on a newer codi :) But befor installing a newer zdmc you have to uninstall it before. br Armin