X9S incompatible with Netflix

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Perfman, May 11, 2017.

1. Perfman

Perfman New Member

Hi,

Just got my new X9S. Everything was going fine until I tried Netflix. Advertisement says this unit supports the app but I can't get it to install. Started with v1.2.11. Upgraded to v1.4.4, still no luck. Google Play Store doesn't list Netflix app as an option. When I try through Netflix.com, it refers me to Google Play Store which then gives an error "Your device isn't compatible with this version." So now what do I do? I use Netflix a lot so really need this to work.

Thanks,

Perfman

2. Andydigital

Andydigital Member

The advert I saw on Amazon specifically says that the X9S and X10 are not for streaming from the likes of Amazon and Netflix etc.

Wouldn't means would not support. Not very good English I admit, but it does not say it does support Netflix. The Amazon app does work but its crap as its a phone app and only supports low res and stereo.

3. Techead

Techead Member

I came across this as well. I found the APK of Netflix form http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/netflix-inc/ and it looks to work ok.

Up to you if you want to try this but if you have issues you will have to wait for the supported app.

Andydigital likes this.
  4. Perfman

Perfman New Member

Tried the link, installed but when opened, Netflix says device not supported. However it provides help to another apk. Followed the second link and install again. Now it is working. A lot of hoops to jump.

Next problem, not getting 5.1 audio from Netflix or any other web source. Tried all the X9S audio options with no luck :) Ideas?

5. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

^ already replayed in another thread, those apps will threat tv box like a phone/tablet and not as a native streaming box ( not that it can't , its just that they block the app intentionally, selling the DRM for HD and 5.1 to specific vendors )

6. cyber7

cyber7 Active Member Beta test group

7. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

8. cyber7

cyber7 Active Member Beta test group

Unfortunately there is no tool to actually root the X9S. Tried the onekeyroot tool, just says "root faile"...

9. nikos_a

nikos_a Active Member

I have to add also another app. WWE app used to work but I noticed that even though I was getting updates in my Samsung Android cell phone, no updates were coming to x9s. I removed it and was impossible to have it listen on Play Store on the x9s. :(

10. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

Even if you could install there is a glitch: binary. I presume OpenWRT does inclued binary, so when X9S not root there is binary folder somewere that apk seing X9S root, on the other end when trying to root app does not install binary seing that folder but that folder can not be access in android so the result is missing binary. That just what I think this is not what realy happen but maybe....

11. grapenose

grapenose Member

OneKeyRoot actually works on my X9S, however the app that I'm trying to get to work then tells me that it is incompatible with the box . Before I used OKR it gave me the message that it dosn't support rooted devices.

12. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

sometimes incompatible with the box also means it detects the HDMI port, you can try testing root+ HDMI deception app.

grapenose likes this.
  13. Dantoine

Dantoine New Member

14. grapenose

grapenose Member

The X9S doesn't seem to have the HDMI deception app in latest firmware but I managed to find it.
    Sad to say it didn't work,still getting same message.

Last edited: May 25, 2017
  15. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

was a long shot anyway, worth testing tho. To bad did not work

grapenose likes this.
  16. domedele

domedele New Member

I try also with this version! Incredible doesn't work! Fuck Zidoo!

17. SaskMedia

SaskMedia Member

If you want Netflix and other web streaming zidoo are not the boxes to get. They’re specifically designed to play back locally procured media. If you want a cheap web streaming device look into the amazon fire sticks or a Roku device.

18. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

@domedele
    Remove via adb shell /system/xbin/su
    Code:
    adb connect <ip_player>
    adb remount
    adb shell rm /system/xbin/su
    adb reboot
    Install netflix-4.16-15172-release and enjoy Netflix up to 540p.

19. EdnaLloyd

EdnaLloyd New Member

i also used netflix on x9s and fixed your error here, you can refer to it