X6 Pro - Android print function missing

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by bovirus, Nov 30, 2015.

1. bovirus

bovirus Member Beta test group

Hi.
    I ahave a X6 pro with firmware v. 1.0.19 (I will update it to 1.0.24 - but I didn't find info about print featiures in changelog).
    I didn't find in this box in the Settings the option to enable/add printer (as for other TV box with Android 4.4 and higher).
    Why didn't you include Print funcìtioN 8ex. to print a qweb page oN wireelss printer).
    Other cheaper TV boxes include this function and your box not include it.
    I hope that you will fix in next firmware release.

2. jvanhambelgium

jvanhambelgium Member Beta test group

Print ? You can install some Android app that will probably do that ?
    So install it from the "app store" like you would on you tablet or phone ?

3. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

Depend on your printer, hp has specific driver on Google store

4. bovirus

@jvanhambelgium
    @Sarco
    Is not right. Is not an app problem. A driver is not enough.
    To print a document you need a system driver (serìvice) and to add it you should have PRINT option in SETTINGS menu..
    Android 4.4 (and higher version) add an option to print via "system printer driver" (or system print service).,
    In Play Store are available Print service for HP, Canon, Epson, Brother, etc, but you need the PRINT option in SETTINGS menu.
    As I said other cheaper box has PRINT option in SETTINGS menu (this option is part of Android)

5. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

I easely print with android 4.1 on my tablet with hp print from store. If your are not willing to give a try with google app do not pretend it will not work, try suggestion. If not wait.....

6. bovirus

@Sarco
    Probably you continue to tell different things (than my specfic requests) because you didn't know Android system and you don't understand the object of this discussione.
    Plwase read Android OS docs and know the argument before to continue to answer things different by my question.
    The specifc app are specific for brand and document type.
    You can just print with printer suported by app (non by OS) and print ONLY documents supported by app.
    I asked a different thing (that you probably ignore because you didn't know Android system). I asked about OS printer service/driver (not about app).
    Any device with Android 4.4 or up version has into Setting a PRINT menu where the suer can
    Check which printrr service (driver) is installed
    Enable/disable printer service.
    With this print service you can print from ANY Android app that has print fuinction (not ONLY in your situation for Android 4.1 just from specfic brand app).
    Any Android TV box (and Android device...) with Android 4.4 has PRINT function under Settings menu (except X6 Pro).
    I believe that Zidoo forgot to link/compiel PRINT module.
    For Exanple Z4 TV box and CS918 has PRINT fuction (and cost half than X6 Pro).
    And please take care that is not an addition function. It's a basic function of Android 4.4 and up

7. jvanhambelgium

jvanhambelgium Member Beta test group

Yeah but still, this product is a MEDIAPLAYER and all development effort should be focussed on getting THAT part working flawless! (and believe me ... still lot's of work there...)
    For me, Zidoo may even strip the Android even further till the bare essential if it would improve VIDEO & AUDIO performance, stability etc.

8. bovirus

@jvanhambelgium
    The device IS NOT ONLY a media player but it's also device based on Androdi 5.1.1.
    And one BASIC function of Android 4.4/5.1 and available in alALL COMPETIROR DEVICE is PRINT function.
    If you provide me the function to navigate on internet and Android provide PRINT function why someone in Zidoo decide not include somethings that it's basic in this OS? And all competitor offer?

9. nice159

nice159 Active Member

At least printing from media player can be real fun. Whats next? Navigation?