X10 and handcuff sony mdr s6500

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X10' started by leo_os66, Aug 4, 2017.

1. leo_os66

leo_os66 New Member

Dear all

I'm figuring out to buy X10: it's seem very great !

Just a question regarding audio and how to get the best sound with it and with handcuff.
    I've got a Sony MDR-6500 with 7.1 virtual channels
    How could I connect the MDR S6500 to the X10 to get the best sound (ref. dolby digital) ?
    Maybe I've to get a converter hdmi-rca

NB teh MDR S6500 don't have a hdmi in, but: 2 rca Inputs and 1 optical Input

Could you please give me your suggestions ?

Thanks a lot

2. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Sadly its get yourself a new av amplifier with hdmi inputs .
    There so cheap now .
    Your missing out on Dolby Digital / DTS 5.1 / 7.1 - Atmos etc

And hdmi passthrough etc

Even going second hand for a av amp will get you a decent one for not a lot of money .

3. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

RCA is 2.0 ( 1 left 1 right ) no way around that, Optical as far as i know is limited to 2.0 by zidoo/cipset , you can try pure kodi with 5.1 transcoding over optical, may work, may not

4. leo_os66

leo_os66 New Member

5. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

you don't need that, box already has a AV out, you just need to find the right cable http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?attachments/av-cable-jpg.1235/ any cable with ground on that ring will work. and again. RCA is 2.0 MAX, what's the point in getting RCA if you have a spdif port that can also do 2.0 and it's digital

6. gamin

gamin New Member

Exactly the reason why I choosed MDR-HW700DS instead of MDR-DS6500 : the receiver has 3 HDMI input, and all signals (HD included) are decoded without any problems. Tried the SPDIF one, but stucked to stereo most of the time. And reencoded HEVC vids with 5.1 channel AAC audio sent with RAW parameter on the X9S only arrive as stereo. With HDMI, no problem. Always getting the multi-channel signal. And that's a HUGE difference for my ears.

I know it's a lot expensive compared to the 6500, but got an amazing deal 3 weeks ago on amazon.fr (paid 225€ instead of 400€). Wasn't planned to buy it, but at such a low price...

7. boblo

boblo Member

I have an A/V receiver without HDMI connected with an optical cable to the Zidoo, and I get 5.1 sound (Dolby and DTS) with the native player and even with Kodi's player. I have set S/PDIF processing to RAW (under Quick Settings > Sound > S/PDIF) and my amplifier is now processing sound, so I think you're wrong. Optical output supports up to DTS-5.1 (not HD) as maximum.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  8. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

i may be wrong, i think decoding is limited to 2.0 in spdif, raw may be another story, so yah, get a spdif and test :) see if you can get 5.1

9. boblo

boblo Member

There is no need to test. You can see under Quick Settings that LPCM is 2-channel only (there is no other option). But the important part, for me and @leo_os66, is that raw sound is not limited. So the OP can get 5.1 sound without investing in a new A/V receiver.

10. leo_os66

leo_os66 New Member

Thanks to all

just a little confused on all answers ... so I think that MDR S-6500 that don't have an Hdmi input is "limited" in acquiring DD 5.1. Am I right ?
    Regarding cable (ref. HaoSs : right cable http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?attachments/av-cable-jpg.1235/ ) th eproblem I can see is the following: the MDR S6500 has 2 ways In (SPDIF or Jacks);; the X10 has the SPDIF or the Hdmi.
    So:
    1. I can use a SPDIF cabvle (but as I cen read matbe I caould'n get DD 5.1)
    2. I have to get an adapter Hdmi (from X10) --> Rca (to MDR S6500)

I am right ?

About X10 do you know if DD 5.1 is coming out from Hdmi only ? or could you get DD 5.1 from SPDIF ?

Thanks again

11. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

apparently, you can get RAW 5.1 from spdif, that means your receiver does the audio decoding, i only have experience with 2.0 so i can't tell you for sure, but it should work

x10 has a small AV out port, that looks like a jack port, but it's not, you probably missed it, that cable from the picture plugs in it and you get analog video + 2 audios ( for older TV's or RCA receivers , there is also RCA to jack cable so you can plug in almost any type of analog device, but again, 2.0 only)

for your setup i'd say get a spdif cable, set the audio settings to RAW. plug in receiver, play a movie, not sure what decoding capability's your receiver has tho, if it has DTS you should be OK with most movies,

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
  12. boblo

boblo Member

You can get DD/DTS 5.1 sound through S/PDIF. Trust me, I'm 100% sure. The only limitation is that your A/V receiver must perform audio processing. You must set S/PDIF Sound to RAW under Quick Settings. That's all.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
    gamin likes this.
  13. gamin

gamin New Member

I can confirm what boblo said. On my MDR-HW700DS when using a single cable thru SPDIF, I was able to get DD/DTS 5.1 signal decoded from the X9S witht the RAW parameter on. I guess it's the same with the MDR-DS6500 (Dolby Digital and DTS led are shown on the front of the receiver, so yes it must be able to decode them).

14. leo_os66

leo_os66 New Member

Thanks again.
    I've missed the AV out port on the X10: I should get DD / DTS from here or maybe even from SPDIF.
    So I think I'll buy it
    I think I'll also buy the V5 Air Mouse
    Thanks for your help